Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Nov 2014, 14:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Course Worth the Money? Manhattan GMAT or Veritas?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 04-20-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Prep Course Worth the Money? Manhattan GMAT or Veritas? [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 22:30
Hello,

I will be taking my first GMAT in 3rd week of April. Do you think registering for GMAT Prep course is worth the money? Which GMAT Prep course and what class setting (classroom, online, or on demand) would you recommend? I would love to hear your opinions. I would like to make the decision soon, in 3 days or earlier.

I lean more towards a classroom setting. I think, regardless, of one's study preference, a classroom beats an online class setting when it comes to learning. In a classroom, the real interaction with the teacher and the students somehow creates a more effective impact on one's learning. Of course, there's always self-study or group study according to your supplemental study preference.

It is worth taking the GMAT Prep course if together with the assist of the GMAT prep course, you are committed to putting the time and effort. GMATClub offers great discounts and various offers when you register.

After reading posts, it seemed like the last two standing is the Manhattan GMAT or the Veritas Prep Course. In terms of price, Manhattan GMAT is a little pricier and Veritas Prep course offers a higher score guarantee, which really draws me into it. You never know what you would have scored during the official day. I would like to know the most recent experience feedback (2012-2013) of both companies' teaching style and ability to teach the introduced strategy to their students, class content distribution on a session, and emphasis on the course. I would assume the strategies employed by any GMAT companies are the same or similar, correct me if I am wrong, I would consider the points I asked to be what differentiates one to be better than the other.

Thank you.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 284 [2] , given: 67

Re: GMAT Prep Course Worth the Money? Manhattan GMAT or Veritas? [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 00:04
This post received
KUDOS
margaretgmat wrote:
Hello,

I will be taking my first GMAT in 3rd week of April. Do you think registering for GMAT Prep course is worth the money? Which GMAT Prep course and what class setting (classroom, online, or on demand) would you recommend? I would love to hear your opinions. I would like to make the decision soon, in 3 days or earlier.

I lean more towards a classroom setting. I think, regardless, of one's study preference, a classroom beats an online class setting when it comes to learning. In a classroom, the real interaction with the teacher and the students somehow creates a more effective impact on one's learning. Of course, there's always self-study or group study according to your supplemental study preference.

It is worth taking the GMAT Prep course if together with the assist of the GMAT prep course, you are committed to putting the time and effort. GMATClub offers great discounts and various offers when you register.

After reading posts, it seemed like the last two standing is the Manhattan GMAT or the Veritas Prep Course. In terms of price, Manhattan GMAT is a little pricier and Veritas Prep course offers a higher score guarantee, which really draws me into it. You never know what you would have scored during the official day. I would like to know the most recent experience feedback (2012-2013) of both companies' teaching style and ability to teach the introduced strategy to their students, class content distribution on a session, and emphasis on the course. I would assume the strategies employed by any GMAT companies are the same or similar, correct me if I am wrong, I would consider the points I asked to be what differentiates one to be better than the other.

Thank you.

Go through the link below, it has got detailed explanation of what u r inquiring about...

veritas-prep-live-online-my-take-143773.html

Consider Kudos, If my post helps!!!

Archit
Re: GMAT Prep Course Worth the Money? Manhattan GMAT or Veritas?   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2013, 00:04