Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT prep - Exam 1

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 21:30
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I appeared my first mock exam which was from the GMAT prep software (Exam1). I did terrible in verbal and there is no particular pattern I could identify going wrong in SC, CR or RC. I will post the question I am seeking help on. Share your thoughts if anyone recently appeared for Exam 1
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 302

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 21:49
dishagoyal90 wrote:
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I appeared my first mock exam which was from the GMAT prep software (Exam1). I did terrible in verbal and there is no particular pattern I could identify going wrong in SC, CR or RC. I will post the question I am seeking help on. Share your thoughts if anyone recently appeared for Exam 1

Hey Disha,

Can you let me know how much did you get and what percentage of your CR and SC you got wrong?
That might give me some food for thought and I can suggest you something

Regards,
Ankur

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 22:33
Hi Ankur, in CR i got 8 right out of 11 questions, in SC i got 9 right out of 17 and RC is 9/13...:( clearly SC is screwing me...
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 23:10
dishagoyal90 wrote:
Hi Ankur, in CR i got 8 right out of 11 questions, in SC i got 9 right out of 17 and RC is 9/13...:( clearly SC is screwing me...

For SC, i would suggest you to start with MGMAT SC. Read the rules, memorize them and you will sail through.
Solve the problems here in GMAT Club SC section. They are very helpful.
What is the breakup?

And when are you planning to give the GMAT?

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 23:34
dishagoyal90 wrote:

For SC nothing beats Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC grail... Just go through them thoroughly and you will see the improvement in your SC.

Your CR and RC seems to be fine .

I was sailing in same boat but now SC is a bit better than before.

Regards,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 03:00
Thanks Ankur & Abhinav. I did my initial round of reading from SC Grail....I do not understand but in some questions i apply parallelism right, in others i do not. the same goes for tenses related problems...i guess more of practice should help here..
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 03:06
dishagoyal90 wrote:
Thanks Ankur & Abhinav. I did my initial round of reading from SC Grail....I do not understand but in some questions i apply parallelism right, in others i do not. the same goes for tenses related problems...i guess more of practice should help here..

Hey Disha,

I would suggest you to go through the rules first from MGMAT SC.
You can follow the following steps if you like:

1. Read the Rules.
2. Make the notes in your notebook.
3. Solve the problems related to that chapter from OG and Verbal Review.
4. Apply the rules in the mock tests.

This will help you for sure :)

Regards,
Ankur

Re: GMAT prep - Exam 1   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2013, 03:06