Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 23:16
Guys I have given "Practice Test 1" of GMAT Prep , 5 times over a period of seven days. My scores were: 700, 730,760,710,770. The average score was 734.

My main concern is that do this picture really represents what I am going to score in the main examination. Although I reviewed the questions each time I got them wrong, but when I did the last practice test , I actually knew all the answers. I even remembered the numbering of the options so much so that I did not read a single passage ,just saw what was is it all about and did all the questions pertaining to it.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me how to get a correct measure as this activity now seems futile.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 03:13
karansardana wrote:
Guys I have given "Practice Test 1" of GMAT Prep , 5 times over a period of seven days. My scores were: 700, 730,760,710,770. The average score was 734.

My main concern is that do this picture really represents what I am going to score in the main examination. Although I reviewed the questions each time I got them wrong, but when I did the last practice test , I actually knew all the answers. I even remembered the numbering of the options so much so that I did not read a single passage ,just saw what was is it all about and did all the questions pertaining to it.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me how to get a correct measure as this activity now seems futile.

well u probably know the answer already-its NOT representative. A 2nd take can inflate your scores by upto 50 points....and you took the test FIVE times....You are probably at the 720 level....my advice is , take a test from any other source(MGMAT ones are the best of the lot....I believe they have one free test...) And if you want to improve your score please hit strategy guides instead of taking ridiculous numbers of tests.... Otherwise, just give the GMAT, you seem to be at a 700+ level at any rate....if u are happy with tht just go ahead...
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1111

Kudos [?]: 5016 [0], given: 164

Re: GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 10:43
Expert's post
karansardana wrote:

In my opinion, you should not be taking the same test again and again since it is a waste of time. If you remember the answers, how does going over them again and again help you solve new questions. There isn't much you learn from taking a test the third, fourth ... time. You don't learn time management, you don't learn handling stress and you don't learn many new concepts. After the first 2 attempts, the scores are certainly not representative (even the second one could be a little biased if you had some repeats).
Try different tests - one in two weeks - to get maximum advantage. Take a test, figure out your weaknesses and then take another test and so on...

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 23:40
Thank you all for replying . Really appreciated.Just took my first MGMAT . Faced reality , got a 570
Can you guys help me with a test-taking process because there are like a zillion question databases and another zillion CAT'S available . What are my actual chances of getting a 700 , as I am writing the exam in a month's time.

Regards,
Karan
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 23:46
karansardana wrote:
Thank you all for replying . Really appreciated.Just took my first MGMAT . Faced reality , got a 570
Can you guys help me with a test-taking process because there are like a zillion question databases and another zillion CAT'S available . What are my actual chances of getting a 700 , as I am writing the exam in a month's time.

Regards,
Karan
/

What you are asking is to boil down the entire GMATClub knowledge base in one post...sorry mate, not possible. You might want to check out BB's study plan here:
gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

also u might like to enlighten us about your score breakup(Q vs V)....if you are solid in atleast one , it might be still possible to get a 570 up to a 700 within a month...
Re: GMAT Prep Max Score -770 . But am I really learning anything   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2012, 23:46