Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 07:50
Hi,

I did all the steps atomjuggler advised for the GMATPrepSetup.exe in Mac. I've downloaded Wine and installed everything but after I've copied the GMAT Prep file to the Wine Folder/drive_c, it does not come out in Wine's File Manager. Any idea on how I can remedy is?

Also tried GMAT Prep, Open with Wine 1.2 but it's still not working.

Anyone know how I can run the GMAT Prep File on Mac OS 10.5.8 Intel Core?

I'm taking the GMAT end of Nov and I'm worried about not being able to practice on the CAT format because my comp is a Mac. Please help!

Thank you.

:-),
S
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 10:30
Finally resolved the issue and the file does appear on the File Manager of Wine.

The only problem is, when I double click the GMATPrepSetup file, it won't run... Instead a little window appears with the note: "$ @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 2.0"

What does this mean? How do i get the program to run? Help please! :-) Thank you.

-S
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD, RSM, HEC, St. Gallen, IF, IESE
WE 1: Finance 6 years
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 02:52
thanks guys

In The World Full Of Duplicates,, I Am The Only Masterpiece..
Girl Power
beat-the-beast-with-non-native-speaker-108349.html

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 13:31
Are Gmatprep v 1 and 2 really different? I´ve downloaded both seperately and found the AWA-questions to be the same and also the first question of the quantative section to be the same. I´ve read that the two versions should be different, however I can´t see how.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2175

Kudos [?]: 7748 [0], given: 3629

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 13:51
Expert's post
eidan wrote:
Are Gmatprep v 1 and 2 really different? I´ve downloaded both seperately and found the AWA-questions to be the same and also the first question of the quantative section to be the same. I´ve read that the two versions should be different, however I can´t see how.

Nobody has done the official review of the two pieces of software but unofficially they are different and supposedly have a slightly different set of questions.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2010, 08:36
Guys,

I downloaded Gmatprep but it is not working! I am on Windows7! on the gmac site they're not mentioning whether the soft suits windows 7
thx for your answers
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2010, 11:00
Expert's post
It works fine with my Win7 Professional.

Have you tried setting compatibility settings? (right-click the shortcut and select properties). Then pick for the application to run in Windows XP mode and run it as Administrator....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Manager
Manager
Schools: Pitt, Oregon, LBS...
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 07:39
Guys, GMAT Prep Version 1 (the older one) is giving me some trouble. I download the set-up file and when I install it, all there is is GMAT Prep, the new version. Does the new version have to be un-installed first in order to successfully use V1?

[highlight]Monster collection of Verbal questions (RC, CR, and SC)[/highlight]
massive-collection-of-verbal-questions-sc-rc-and-cr-106195.html#p832142

[highlight]Massive collection of thousands of Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving questions and answers:[/highlight]
1001-ds-questions-file-106193.html#p832133

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 09:40
Expert's post
The two versions are VERY similar and will install at the same location, so yes.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Schools: Pitt, Oregon, LBS...
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 09:44
bb wrote:
The two versions are VERY similar and will install at the same location, so yes.

Thanks BB!

[highlight]Monster collection of Verbal questions (RC, CR, and SC)[/highlight]
massive-collection-of-verbal-questions-sc-rc-and-cr-106195.html#p832142

[highlight]Massive collection of thousands of Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving questions and answers:[/highlight]
1001-ds-questions-file-106193.html#p832133

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 21:01
Thanks for these tips!
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 17:48
Sorry for what might be a very obvious question, but is there some where where all the answer explanations for the Gprep 1 & 2 can be obtained (i.e. apart from googling individual questions).
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 20:47
Expert's post
rjdio wrote:
Sorry for what might be a very obvious question, but is there some where where all the answer explanations for the Gprep 1 & 2 can be obtained (i.e. apart from googling individual questions).

There are no explanations really but you can search the forum. There are plenty of them here...

Founder of GMAT Club

BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 23:58
Power Prep doesn't work for me on 64-bit operating system (windows7). Has anyone tried?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2010, 17:37
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered... but are there answer explanations for the GMAT prep questions? Can I get the link to it? Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2011, 05:46
I can't seem to get Gmat Prep V1 installed when I aready have V2 already installled. Anyone found a way to do this ? The executable just wont seem to run and I have tried different compatibility modes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA Level 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 01:35
Hello, I need some comments from you guys. I took GMAT Prep test 1 today and got 720, M50, Verbal (I don't remmember and I can't come back to the result page). I made 9 wrong answers in Math (2 in the first 10 questions) and 10 wrong answers in Verbal (1 in the first 10 question). Do you guys think that 720 is a too high estimator? I am preparing to retake the exam and I got 660 about a month ago. Thanks a lot.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'r gonna get"

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 22:01
Expert's post
Unless you have seen these questions before, it should be right on target and not too high... it is rather accurate.

Founder of GMAT Club

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA Level 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 06:37
Hi bb, thank you for the inputs. That really boosts my confidence. I took the first MGMAT test, the free one, today and hit 710. I made 13 incorrect answers in Math (2 correct guesses) and 15 incorrect answers in Verbal (2 correct guesses). It seems to me that the key to hit high scores is not only to get as many right answers as possible but also to maintain at the high score range. I plan to take some more time to sharpen my skills to push my score to the 730 - 750 range and take the five MGMAT tests before I write the real test. Thanks guys

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'r gonna get"

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 31

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 11:35
Thanks so much! This is very helpful!
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2011, 11:35