Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 692

Kudos [?]: 3056 [0], given: 890

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 11:13
Expert's post
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 04:50
This post received
KUDOS
i am just want to ask that the tests of GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests will held
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 157 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 22:56
This post received
KUDOS
timetrader wrote:

GMAT Prep Test is one of the most essential tools in GMAT test prep. GMAT Prep is the Official GMAT Diagnostic Test with Real GMAT Questions.

Table of Contents

1. What is GMAT Prep and Where to Download It?
2. Why is GMAT Prep valuable?
3. Getting the most out of GMAT Prep -
    - - 3.1 Reinstall GMAT Prep
    - - 3.2 Review GMAT Prep Log Files
4. What are the differences between the 2 versions of GMAT Prep?
5. Want 2 more adaptive tests - use Power Prep
6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
Want to get inside the GMAT Prep? Read the (Un)Scientific Analysis of GMATPrep by BSD_Lover
7. GMAT Prep for MAC OS or Linux. Using GMATPrep on non-windows machines. Jump here - GMAT Prep and Mac OS. Another post here with Mac instructions.
8. How to analyze/extract logs from the GMAT Prep 2012 - New!

!

Downloads Section

GMATPrep v2 2012 - Current
GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Collection of all SC questions from GMAT Prep (don't take these until you have exhausted all of the tests)

1. What is GMAT Prep and where to download GMAT Prep?:
GMATPrep is a GMAT Simulator software provided by GMAC (General Management Admissions Council) for free to help MBA applicants prepare to the test.
It can be downloaded from GMAC's official website (MBA.com) http://www.mba.com/mba/TheGMAT/DownloadFreeTestPreparationSoftware/

2. Why is GMATPrep valuable?
The value of GMAT prep is that it is able to predict one's GMAT score more accurately than any other product on the market.
The key lies in using real gmat questions and same testing algorithm as GMAT. Also GMAT Prep test has the same interface as the real GMAT test, so that the experience from taking the GMAT Prep is very similar to the one in the test centre . No other product is able to provide this value.

3. Getting the Most out of GMAT Prep
Now there is a number of different strategies on how to use GMAT Prep tests most effectively. And the answer to which one is the best, of course is — it depends.
Most people agree that its good to keep one test till the end of the preparation process to use it as an accurate estimator of the GMAT score.

Though some people recommend to take it more than two times... one or two extra times in order to get new questions. Some real fans even go to the extent of squeezing all the life out of it by taking the test until they don't see any new questions. It's up to you to decide whether this is a good strategy for you. But if you ever want to take GMAT Prep more then twice here is how to do it:

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall
1.Go to C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\Exams
2.Within the Exams folder, you should see a Practice Test 1.log and a Practice Test 2.log
3.Delete or I'd say move to other location both logs*
4.Relaunch the GMAT Prep software, and it should show you that both practice exams are now Not Attempted, and you can take them again.

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall in Windows Vista (Special thanks: to bigoyal for researching this)
1. Basically same as above only GMATPrep creates folder in following location:
C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams
Note: {user_name} is your user name, it will vary from system to system
2. Usually you can go directly to AppData folder by typing in "%appdata" - in explorer window
3. Make sure explorer shows hidden files

Feedback from GMAT Club Members:
- Quant question pool is larger than verbal pool; if you take tests multiple times, the chances of seeing new question are higher for the Math section.
- Question pool for “hard” questions is fairly small and chances of seeing new questions when you get to 750+ score range is small.
- AWA questions are static and do not change

*To learn about GMATPrep Log files and how to read them, please see a post directly below

5. Want 2 more adaptive tests? Use PowerPrep
PowerPrep is the previous version of GMATPrep developed by ETS. This software product is no longer supported by GMAC and no longer distributed, but we have a copy. It uses the older GMAT interface and potentially an older GMAT algorithm. Here are a few considerations about using PowerPrep.
1.There seems to be no question overlap between GMAT Prep, and Powerprep
2.There is, however, a significant overlap between OG and Powerprep, so if you already worked on OG, your score might be significantly inflated
3.There are reports that PowerPrep isn't truly adaptive and not as good of an indicator of performance on the real GMAT.
Download GMAT PowerPrep

6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
GMAT Club Tests
GMAT test reviews, pricing and links.
Top 20 Most referenced GMAT books

7. Issues with GMATPrep Software
Practice Test 2: Application error has occurred. The Application will exit now
How to reinstall GMATPrep

Is it worth to download all the versions to search for new questions?

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 08:37
This post received
KUDOS
I wanted to share my experience of taking the test after re-installing the software.

After taking the first 2 tests, I uninstalled and looked for the "GMAT Prep" folder that other people in the forum recommend to delete as well. The folder was deleted automatically.
I looked for hidden folders and deleted all the hidden folders that were in my computer.

I downloaded the software again and retook the test.
For the Quant section, 12 questions were repeated.
For the Verbal section, 11 questions were repeated. (Excluding the RC repeats. 2 RC passages were repeated)

I believe those 23 questions were summation of repeated questions from the GMAT Prep 1 & 2. I'm not exactly sure how many questions were repeated from just one test.

Has anyone experienced this many repeats?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT Date: 09-10-2013

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2013, 23:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hello admin, i would like to inform that the current file for gmat prep (2012 to current ) is missing and could not be downloaded. thanks
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 560 Q45 V23
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2013, 08:21
This post received
KUDOS
Here is what you (Win 7 users) have to do to reset the software.

1> Go to C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\GMATPrep\Local Store

2> Exit the GMATPrep Application

3> Rename the "GMATPrep" folder to "GMATPrep_OLD".

4> Restart the application

5> And there you go, the Software is now reset.

6> In case you bought Question Pack 1 earlier, You need to copy "Pack 1" folder from the above re-named location, and paste it to the new folder which software created.

So you would be copying the "Pack 1" folder from

a> C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\GMAT PREP_OLD\GMATPrep\Local Store to b> C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\GMATPrep\Local Store.

I hope it will help.

And many strokes, though with a little axe, hew down and fell the hardest-timbered oak. - William Shakespeare

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 8

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 11:01
This post received
KUDOS
Has anyone found the log files for the new version? It seems that they are no longer there.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kelley '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 16 [2] , given: 9

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 02:04
This post received
KUDOS
i heard that most of the questions were added after 2006. Hence the Gmatprep V1 ( before 2006) should have a different pool f Qs from V1.1 and the latest one ???

please clarify
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 12:53
This post received
KUDOS
Is anyone finding that the older version scores higher than the new version?

I'd gotten a 680 and a 690 on both the practice exams from the newest version, and just got a 760 on the older version with 25/37 on my quant. Seems to me that the scoring might be a little more forgiving? I did get 38/41 on the verbal.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 33

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 03:18
This post received
KUDOS
1) Not too many discussions about GMAT Focus (3 tests) and its usefulness...Anyone who purchased it, a) is there much overlap if you take other official products and b) are all of them adaptive? Please share your views.

2) There is a thread somewhere on gmatclub, with all of the questions (PS, DS, RC, CR, SC) in the Word format, apparently extracted from the GMAT Prep (with a neat GMAT like formatting, etc - showing that it was not a manual effort of compiling all of the questions), though not sure exactly from which version of it... Just for the personal use and without trying to accomplish anything illegal, I would like to know how it can be done, if at all? I have purchased the question pack 1 and I would like to sort it out according to my sorting way and I need the files to make the process easier. Please PM me if necessary.

There are times when I do not mind kudos...I do enjoy giving some for help

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 7

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 22:23
This post received
KUDOS
EnemyInside wrote:
i heard that most of the questions were added after 2006. Hence the Gmatprep V1 ( before 2006) should have a different pool f Qs from V1.1 and the latest one ???

please clarify

I have the same question. Do the questions in diferrent versions vary or are they just the same? Can we install 4 versions one after one and have a total of 8 tests?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.84
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 17:55
This post received
KUDOS
Does PowerPrep work on Mac, or only PC?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1] , given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 18:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
psykins wrote:
Does PowerPrep work on Mac, or only PC?

PowerPrep software was officially discontinued about 10 years ago.... so I don't think so. You can run it on parallels or another Windows emulator.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 11

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 04 May 2014, 08:06
This post received
KUDOS
question,

are the 2 tests different?

I just finished test n1 and I was wondering If I should review my wrong answers??
If the questions will appear in the second test I would't like to review them because the score will not be so accurate. e.g. reading comprehension, etc.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 6

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 28 May 2014, 11:03
This post received
KUDOS
this is by far the most useful stuff i have found here
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 239 [1] , given: 318

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 03:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi folks,

Since the thread is too big to read, my apologies if the below question has already been asked.

I reset exampack1 today, but the questions were similar as I saw in the previous exams.

What is the difference between resetting using 'reset' button and installing the software again for GmatPrep?

Rgds,
TGC!

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 239 [1] , given: 318

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2014, 00:07
This post received
KUDOS
Please reply to the above post.

Furthermore, if ExamPack1 resetting doesn't give me new questions I am planning to reset the GmatPreps.

So the reset of a GMATPrep is just the reset through the 'RESET' button or re-installing the software itself.

Plz suggest

Rgds,
TGC!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 16

Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 00:12
Dear all gmat club friends

im looking for my log for gmatprep practice (494 question), because i have to change to other computer
does any clue about how to copy log file or something so i can have the same gmatprep practice

thank you
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 61

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2014, 14:46
Hi,

On this post I see -

Downloads Section

GMATPrep v2 2012 - Current
GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Does all of these different versions of GMATPrep software - have different set of questions????
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 61

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2014, 08:39
Hello everyone,

I have a question about GMAT Prep exams. Probably folks who have given multiple GMAT Prep exams could answer.

I have just consumed one exam, but don't want to consume the second one now, rather retake the first exam I took.

Whats the best way to do it? If I download it on a different computer, then is the sequence of exams the same?

So, if on my first machine I completed GMAT Prep Exam 1 and if I download the GMAT Prep software on my other machine. Would the GMAT Prep Exam 1 on the new machine will be the same as GMAT Prep Exam 1 on the first machine????

OR because the GMAT Prep is Computer Adaptive, I could get any of the questions from the pool of questions - and I might encounter the same questions in GMATPrep Exam 2, whenever I take it in future. This is what I am afraid of, because in that case, it might jump my score up for GMATPrep Exam 2, when I take it in future. Please ADVICE.

Thanks!
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2014, 08:39