Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:51

Going on right now!

Interview Invites from Chicago - Booth | Join the chat room for Live Updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2009, 05:38
Duely noted bigoyal. Thanks!
I do plan to take those more than once, but just wanted to know if powerPrep is any good.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2009, 22:17
There is something that I have always wondered...

If we had wanted to do the GMATPrep more than twice, why don't we download and install the software on another computer? It's only around 26 MB, right?

That would allow us to do the two practice tests without having to reset them (which is on our 'first' pc)?

I am taking my GMAT in a month's time, but my score so far on the 2 GMATPrep and the Manhattan GMAT CAT is only around 580 to 640... I don't think the questions are difficult, it's just that I am either too careless or have too little time to select the correct answers.

I am fine and confident with the 2 AWAs though.

Please, anyone has any tips for me?

Thanks alot yea.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 08:49
Hi guys,
For the Mac users out there, I was able to install GMATPrep on my Macbook Pro using Crossover Mac. I'm able to run the test the flawlessly.
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 458 [0], given: 19

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 01:24
lnthai wrote:
Hi guys,
For the Mac users out there, I was able to install GMATPrep on my Macbook Pro using Crossover Mac. I'm able to run the test the flawlessly.

Yes, I also find using Crossover to be the easiest, the fastest and the most problem free way to run GMAT Prep on Mac. The only drawback is that it costs 40 USD to buy one after the trial is over.

Installing and using WINE for Mac is not that easy but it's free.

My Recent Posts:
All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews
Master thread - GMAT Prep classes links to reviews and ratings
Review: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Tests

Have trouble finding answers on this site? Ask me!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2009, 06:18
I took my practice test using prepGMAT, for got record my score, How to Check that again, IS there some way out.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2009, 19:43
Is there a discussion thread where GMAT prep questions are discussed?

I have certain doubts in the verbal section, was curious to know if we already have a thread where the GMAT prep q's are discussed or should i be individually posting them in the verbal forum?

---
_T
"You miss 100% of the shots you miss to take!" http://www.tarunarora.viviti.com

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2324

Kudos [?]: 9436 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2009, 22:48
Expert's post
walkman4mba wrote:

I have certain doubts in the verbal section, was curious to know if we already have a thread where the GMAT prep q's are discussed or should i be individually posting them in the verbal forum?

We do not, though it is a good idea to start one. If you have time - that would be very helpful and I am sure would warrant quite a few kudos :-)
You can use google or forum search - that's what the most do right now.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2009, 14:16
bb wrote:
walkman4mba wrote:

We do not, though it is a good idea to start one. If you have time - that would be very helpful and I am sure would warrant quite a few kudos :-)

Instead... If the moderators could regulate the posts of their respective forums to include the subject in the following format "Source Question" example "OG10 blah blah", "OG12 #47" and the best of the lot "GMATPrep blah blah" "Powerprep blah blah" "SC1000 #458" then using the search box present in each forum the user can filter to the relevant posts in a zippy.

So if my intend was to post an OG 12 SC doubt i could do a quick search of OG12 #47 or OG12 blah blah in the search box and be sure that this doubt has not been addressed already. On the same note people like me 2 days away from their GMAT can actually scan through the GMATprep doubts by running the simple search 'GMATPrep' through the search box.

What do you think? Worth some kudos.. :lol:

---
_T
"You miss 100% of the shots you miss to take!" http://www.tarunarora.viviti.com

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2009, 15:19
Expert's post
walkman4mba wrote:
bb wrote:
walkman4mba wrote:

Instead... If the moderators could regulate the posts of their respective forums to include the subject in the following format "Source Question" example "OG10 blah blah", "OG12 #47" and the best of the lot "GMATPrep blah blah" "Powerprep blah blah" "SC1000 #458" then using the search box present in each forum the user can filter to the relevant posts in a zippy.

So if my intend was to post an OG 12 SC doubt i could do a quick search of OG12 #47 or OG12 blah blah in the search box and be sure that this doubt has not been addressed already. On the same note people like me 2 days away from their GMAT can actually scan through the GMATprep doubts by running the simple search 'GMATPrep' through the search box.

What do you think? Worth some kudos.. :lol:

Sure. The challenge comes in with the fact that GMAT Prep has 900 questions. It will be more efficient for you to search for keywords from that question.
However, we do have a TAG Mod coming (this coming week), so hold your breath - it will allow to tag posts and thus will simplify searching.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2009, 06:12
Great post. It is a great resource to cover all questions.

J
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2009, 11:13
I tried to add Wine to use my GMAT Prep, however b/c I have Snow Leopard it said I had to use wine devel. This gave me an error. I downloaded CrossOver (the trial version) and it looks like the GMAT Prep applications appear in my folder, however the CrossOver Software Installer shows that it is still working on "Install" (saying "Please wait while CrossOver launches the requested installer". The icon was spinning at "Preparing to install.. Installing Unsupported software" for a long time. I tried to run the GMAT Prep from the files that appeared in my folder, but I get a blank screen. Can someone please help me with this? I don't know how else to practice this test without a real CAT to use.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 17:50
bb wrote:
Thread updated - added another not well known (first) edition of GMATPrep.

Oh wow...
So does this effectively double the number of official practice tests?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 23:26
Expert's post
MAPKYC wrote:
bb wrote:
Thread updated - added another not well known (first) edition of GMATPrep.

Oh wow...
So does this effectively double the number of official practice tests?

Somewhat. There is overlap between the two, but this definitely gives more questions.

Founder of GMAT Club

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 23:17
Has anyone tried installing them on the same computer?
Or are they seen by your computer as the same app so you'll need to install them seperately?
I take it the latest version is the same as the one that you download from mba.com
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 09:00
The Power Prep doesnt work for me. Its gives a Corrupt file message. Is there anything I can do?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 09:27
Expert's post
petesampras wrote:
The Power Prep doesnt work for me. Its gives a Corrupt file message. Is there anything I can do?

Try downloading it again. I have just downloaded the file and confirmed that it works.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 22:06
Thanks for adding the new power prep link. Now it seems to work.

Oh, I have another question for you.. The GMAT prep you have put up here is a 2006 version... I just received the 2009 version in the form of a cd. Are both these versions one and the same or are there different questions in here too? I would have installed it and checked but since I have given only one test I don't want to risk any sort of overlapping of questions by reinstalling... silly, i know.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 23:58
I am not able to download any of three set up files, could someone guide me.

I tried with download manager, IE and chorme.

I am was also logged in to club when downloading.

if any special kind of membership is needed to download.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellog,UCLA,Ross,Emory,Broad
WE 1: Software Banking Product Development

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 00:58
Hi all,

I just did some stupid thing with my GMAT prep.

I gave the practice test 1. Saw the score. went off, had lunch and came back and started the review. I did not finish the review and pressed on end exam. Next time i started clicked on test 1, (showing status complete) but this time it did not show me any review link. It started as if i am redoing the exam. Now i can see some different questions that my first practice exam. Please help me as i am not able to review my first practice CAT. I need to check the wrong ones and the explanation.

Does anybody have a clue as to what i need to do?

the practice test1.log is still there and it has all the responses of my test. but how can i see the review section?

Warden Samuel Norton: I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Rocky to his son :
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 18

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 09:02
Hi,

I just finished giving one of the Power Prep Tests and got a score of 750 (Q50, V40).

I started my GMAT preparation about 2 weeks ago and till now its consisted of revising concepts by solving questions form Kaplan Advanced. This is the first full length test that I've given and its main purpose was to try and estimate my present level.

I didn't find the questions in the test too challenging (especially in the quant section) which made me wonder if this is indeed a fair representation of the real GMAT. Moreover, certain important concepts such as Permutations and Combinations and Probability were hardly tested.

I've heard that these Power Prep test are second only to the tests offered on GMAT Prep in terms of realistic estimates. If this is true then it will indeed be very encouraging for me. However, it will be very helpful if someone can confirm this before I decide to chart my study plan based on this score.

Opinions and suggestions are most welcome!

Cheers.

Click below to check out some great tips and tricks to help you deal with problems on Remainders!
compilation-of-tips-and-tricks-to-deal-with-remainders-86714.html#p651942

Word Problems Made Easy!
1) Translating the English to Math : word-problems-made-easy-87346.html
2) 'Work' Problems Made Easy : work-word-problems-made-easy-87357.html
3) 'Distance/Speed/Time' Word Problems Made Easy : distance-speed-time-word-problems-made-easy-87481.html

Re: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Free Tests   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2009, 09:02