Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 07:08

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Practice Tests - different questions on 2nd try?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT Date: 05-01-2013
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT Prep Practice Tests - different questions on 2nd try? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 19:47
Hello,

I took the first GMAT Prep test a couple weeks ago and am planning to save the second one for a week before the actual GMAT (May 1st). I was wondering - since these practice tests are CATs, if i take the first one again, am i likely to get different questions?

i am not sure how large of a test bank the practice tests pulls questions from... has anyone taken the same practice test a 2nd time and found that you got a lot of different questions? i don't really want to put all that time into it unless it will provide a fairly accurate score prediction by giving me questions i haven't seen before.

thanks in advance!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 141 [1] , given: 70

Re: GMAT Prep Practice Tests - different questions on 2nd try? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 22:13
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT Prep has big question bank. However, there is a small overlap between CAT 1 and CAT 2. If you appear for any of those tests more than once, there is high chance of getting repeat of a few questions (may be 3-6) for each section -- still, it depends on how do you perform. If start of your one test is low, you will get more of low scoring questions in that test. If the start of the other test is high, you will get more of high scoring questions in that test. In anyway, there is every chance of getting a few repeat questions.

Anyway, there is no harm in taking the CAT more than once ... it will help you in setting pace and getting acquainted with real exam scenario. Though, I must inform here, questions in the prep s/w are from the past exams and those are mainly of mid-scoring range. You may expect tougher questions in the actual GMAT.
Re: GMAT Prep Practice Tests - different questions on 2nd try?   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2013, 22:13