Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 0

GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 10:01
Need some feedback, currently I'm hitting the 550 score but am struggling to get past this mark. Princeton review is offering a 5 week 25 hours prep class . Should i take it ? will it help me succeed in my objective of a 650 target?. Need response asap because the class starts in two days and i need to make a decision . Thanks

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 10:13
Dont waste your time with Princeton Review.

Well it depends what you think your problem is. If you understand the math and english rules and just need help with speed and trickery then Princeton Review is ok. But if you need indepth help go with MGMAT or a good study buddy!

Last edited by Nitty on 21 Apr 2008, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:07
I am taking the Online course from PR and think it is great....
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:20
alimad wrote:
Need some feedback, currently I'm hitting the 550 score but am struggling to get past this mark. Princeton review is offering a 5 week 25 hours prep class . Should i take it ? will it help me succeed in my objective of a 650 target?. Need response asap because the class starts in two days and i need to make a decision . Thanks

What I like about MGMAT is that they really teach you skills not tricks. While they can be helpful for some, it turned out that knowing tricks is not enough for me. Moreover, sometimes they can in fact mislead you. E.g. I remember some of editions claiming first 10 questions are important on GMAT. As I later found out it is not neccessarily so. In other words, it is better to know the test from inside out.
This said, MGMAT complimentary online tests need some further refinement (although generally they compare well to other test) to better reflect the nature of real GMAT questions. Still, MGMAT's SC book is best in class, I think.
Good luck!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:22
Just remember one thing: The prep course is not a magic wand. You can't just wave it around and give yourself the score that you want. You actually need to study, and prepare diligently. Then of course, one can argue, why sign up for the prep in the first place?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:25
Exactly! Unless you are good with self-help books you might do well, but I needed help beyond the books and needed someone to explain the "why" questions.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 13:02
kidderek wrote:
Just remember one thing: The prep course is not a magic wand. You can't just wave it around and give yourself the score that you want. You actually need to study, and prepare diligently. Then of course, one can argue, why sign up for the prep in the first place?

I don't think it was a question of whether or not it was a "wand" or not.

No matter if it is PR or MGMAT, a course is only what you make of it. By using PR, I can say that the examples methods that they use are great and I recommend them. Each respective course is only to be used as a guide for organization within your own studies.
Re: GMAT PREP - PRINCETON REVIEW - IS IT WORTH SPENDING $1000.00   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2008, 13:02