Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Scores vs Kaplan? Which is more credible

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Prep Scores vs Kaplan? Which is more credible [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 04:42
This post received
KUDOS
Hello all,

Rookie poster here. I've been reading the boards A LOT and found them extremely helpful, thank you to all.

My q' is about scores with the Kaplan CATs and GMAT Prep. I've been improving and scoring on Kaplan to the modest upper-600's; however, the times I take the Prep CATs my score considerably reduces.

In your experience, which one is more credible?? I understand it is all based on my on performance on each test, but I can't help to be completely confused by this trend. Any advice/comments would be terrific. Thank you

- gcarrion
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Prep Scores vs Kaplan? Which is more credible [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 05:05
rakeshd347 wrote:
Hi gcarrion

I have taken Manhattan,kaplan,gmat prep and gmat club tests. I have also given a official Gmat aswell. What i have found and I have read so many times on this forum is manhattan and Gmat prep are similar level to the official gmat. Kaplan is bit tough so if you are scoring 650 in kaplan then you should score 700+ in the real official Gmat.

However if you are scoring more in kaplan and less in Gmat prep I think that is just the comfortability with the test structure. If you practise more and more you will score 700+ in Gmat prep. But in short Gmat prep is more similar to official gmat.

Thanks
Rakesh

KUDOS please if my post helps.

thank you Rakesh. What you mention makes perfect sense. I saw a lot of unfamiliar question types in the Prep software. It was just very frustrating. Would you recommend taking the 2 GMAT prep tests several times then? I am 3 weeks away from my test and want to make sure I am not "wasting time" with Kaplan
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Prep Scores vs Kaplan? Which is more credible [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 05:14
rakeshd347 wrote:
Hi Mate

I would recommend if you have only 3 weeks then take 2 free Gmat prep test and also take 1 manhattan test which is free. you just have to register at manhattan website. Manhattan and gmat prep are almost similar but different questions though.

So take 1 full length test every week. 3 weeks 3 tests and you should be fine i think.

Thanks

Please KUDOS me if my post helps.

Thanks for the advice man. I have already taking the Free Manhattan and it was also lower than Kaplan. I think I just need to keep re-taking this and the Prep to keep get used to the question format. I am in the home stretch here so hearing from others is really helpful. Thank you
Re: GMAT Prep Scores vs Kaplan? Which is more credible   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2013, 05:14