Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 09:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT prep test predicatability

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT prep test predicatability [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2007, 13:02
I have started preparation about 3 weeks ago and took the first full length exam today with GMAT prep software exam I. I wrote the exam completely including the 2 essays. I had to take only 1 guess so far as I remember.

My score was 670 with 12 incorrect answers in quant and 14 incorrect in verbal.

I was using all 7 MGMAT, OG and did first 3 math challenges from GMAT Club. But I have not completed the material yet.

My questions to the experts are

1. Given that this is my first full lenght exam, does this accurately reflect where I stand today?

2. I am NOT planning to review the incorrect or correct answers, so that I can treat this as a baseline score to compare against future attempts. Is this good strategy.

3. I have 2 more months to go before GMAT. Is it ok to say I have fair shot at 700+?

Thanks
Suresh
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2007, 19:50
Not a good strategy to not review the questions and answers. You need to know where you went wrong, and what you were doing right. You won't progress nearly as much if you don't do this. Do this for every test you take!

A 670 is a great start!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2007, 03:54
Calamity Jane wrote:
Not a good strategy to not review the questions and answers. You need to know where you went wrong, and what you were doing right. You won't progress nearly as much if you don't do this. Do this for every test you take!

A 670 is a great start!

Thanks for encouragement.

What I meant was by not reviewing the wrong or right answers for this test only, i would be able to compare the future scores. Otherwise the future scores against same test wil be inflated since I already know answers.

I just read in other forum on how to reuse GMAT prep to get new questions So this is really moot now.

As a practice, I always review both right and wrong answers.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2007, 05:27
i got 640 in my first test....got 770 in the actual gmat...so it really depends on what u do in the next 2 months,doesn't it?...may i recommend the 1000sc file that is found on this forum somewhere....really really helpful...good luck..
  [#permalink] 29 Oct 2007, 05:27