Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep tests of old software

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 181

GMAT Prep tests of old software [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:04
Hi everybody . I already took the 2 tests in the new version of the GMAT Prep software during preparation for my first attempt , so in order to avoid score inflation while testing myself this time I downloaded the old version of the software to take its two tests replacing the issue essay with 12 IR prompts from the Veritas free Q bank . Is this OK? I intend to treat the 2 tests I already took with the new version as an extra bunch of questions to be reviewed .

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 990 [1] , given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep tests of old software [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
TheNona wrote:
Hi everybody . I already took the 2 tests in the new version of the GMAT Prep software during preparation for my first attempt , so in order to avoid score inflation while testing myself this time I downloaded the old version of the software to take its two tests replacing the issue essay with 12 IR prompts from the Veritas free Q bank . Is this OK? I intend to treat the 2 tests I already took with the new version as an extra bunch of questions to be reviewed .

Hi TheNona,

You may still find a few questions that you have already seen in the latest version of GMATPrep software, but it will surely be a good way to practice and you will find a lot of new questions. To be safe, you can consider an inflation of around +20 - 30 points in your overall score.

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 181

Re: GMAT Prep tests of old software [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:27
Vercules wrote:
TheNona wrote:

Hi TheNona,

You may still find a few questions that you have already seen in the latest version of GMATPrep software, but it will surely be a good way to practice and you will find a lot of new questions. To be safe, you can consider an inflation of around +20 - 30 points in your overall score.

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Great advice , thank you :)

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Re: GMAT Prep tests of old software   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2013, 05:27