Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 06:54
Hi!
I've done the first Gmat prep test and i've scored 740. Then i've tried 2 manhattan gmat tests and scored 680 and 690. Is it possible that manhattan gmat tests are tougher or simply i was lucky on gmat prep test?
Anyway tomorrow i'm gonna take the second gmat prep and on friday i've the real gmat. Hope to score high but i'm a bit worried after manhattan gmat tests!!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Duke
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 07:31
Exactly my observation am-i-ready-to-take-the-gmat-88895.html I dropped by 70 pts. However, I haven't read anything that definitely lead me to believe that MGMATs are purposely harder - I did perceive them to be tougher though. The one thing that seems to be common knowledge is that the GMATprep has standard dev of about 30 and MGMAT of 50, so given that, your scores are in the overlapping std dev regions.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 07:42
ThomasD wrote:
Exactly my observation am-i-ready-to-take-the-gmat-88895.html I dropped by 70 pts. However, I haven't read anything that definitely lead me to believe that MGMATs are purposely harder - I did perceive them to be tougher though. The one thing that seems to be common knowledge is that the GMATprep has standard dev of about 30 and MGMAT of 50, so given that, your scores are in the overlapping std dev regions.

Thank you for replying!
I had the same feeling: when i did mgmat tests question seemed me tougher!It let me puzzled because after my 740 on gmat prep i bought the mgmat sentence correction guide and i think i've improved my verbal score.
Anyway tomorrow i will do the second gmat prep test and i'll let you know my score so we can definitely know if mgmat is tougher or we did simply bad on that!!!
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 08:56
Hi,

We try to make our Manhattan GMAT tests reflect the official GMAT CAT as accurately as possible. However, since the mba.com exams use the same algorithm as the official GMAT and also use questions that have actually appeared on the exam, they are a better judge of your ability than our exams. Our exams can define your ability within a 50 point margin, whereas the official GMAT and the mba.com tests can define your ability within a 30 point margin. This means that you can take the official GMAT two days in a row and get a 670 and a 700, or a 670 and a 640. We've heard that our tests are in fact a little bit more difficult, but I'll let you be the judge of that. Do let us know how you did on the exam though!

Best of luck on your exam today! Sounds like you're ready!

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern

Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 16:50
Hi!!I've took the last gmat prep yesterday and got 760 and today on the real exam i got 750!
I think that manhattan gmat test are a bit harder than the actual test but they are for sure the best way to prepare for the gmat. mgmat sentence correction was awesome for me since i am not a native speaker...i consider mgmat the best gmat preparation program!!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2280

Kudos [?]: 8837 [0], given: 3668

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 17:14
Expert's post
lucalelli88 wrote:
Hi!!I've took the last gmat prep yesterday and got 760 and today on the real exam i got 750!
I think that manhattan gmat test are a bit harder than the actual test but they are for sure the best way to prepare for the gmat. mgmat sentence correction was awesome for me since i am not a native speaker...i consider mgmat the best gmat preparation program!!

WOW - great job and great score!!!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 19:21
lucalelli88 wrote:

Congratulations on the awesome score! Best of luck with your future endeavors.
Current Student
Schools: Duke
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2010, 12:44
Great score. Hope I can get something in that ballpark area in 5 weeks....

Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2010, 11:22
lucalelli88 wrote:

Congrats on the really great score! Looks like your study plan worked well. Thanks also for the kudos. I'm glad you found our books and study program so useful. :)

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2010, 22:55
lucalelli88 wrote:

congrats on getting a great score. i agree that the MGMAT tests are "tougher" to some extent, but this added difficulty can only benefit you in the end, as is evidenced by your score. good luck on all your applications

GMAT Debrief

Re: Gmat prep vs manhattan gmat   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2010, 22:55