Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT preparation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT preparation [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 21:49
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All,

I just started preparing for GMAT. Familiarizing with pattern right now. Can some one explain what is the ideal score one should target for in order to get into top 10 B-schools in US or Europe. I have only 2 years of work experience in HSBC Analytics division. What would be the minimum score I should target in order to get interview calls from Top B schools in general?

Appreciate your suggestions/thoughts!!

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT preparation [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 00:13
karthik101090 wrote:
Hi All,

I just started preparing for GMAT. Familiarizing with pattern right now. Can some one explain what is the ideal score one should target for in order to get into top 10 B-schools in US or Europe. I have only 2 years of work experience in HSBC Analytics division. What would be the minimum score I should target in order to get interview calls from Top B schools in general?

Thanks

There is no ideal score as such but you should be good with 700+.
Take a diagnostic test first and then set your target.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1084

Kudos [?]: 4871 [0], given: 163

Re: GMAT preparation [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 20:12
Expert's post
karthik101090 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

The average class scores for top ten B schools are around 710 - 720. It's best to target at least the average score, if not higher. Then again, assuming you are an Indian (Karthik), it's better to target 750. The reason is that generally speaking, Indians are high scorers. B-schools look for diversity so they take limited people from a particular area. Your competition will be with other Indians and many of them will have 750+. GMAT is only one factor in the entire admission game but ideally, one should try to strengthen each and every factor as much as possible.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
WE: Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT preparation [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 05:32
Can someone please advice me on the right books, study plan and ways to improve on my Gmat, am seating for the test in 3 months time
Re: GMAT preparation   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2013, 05:32