Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 05:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 10:28
Hello All,

Before I ask my question I will give a brief synopsis of myself and my studies so far...

I am a recent college graduate looking to get a 700 on the GMAT. I am no where near that yet and I believe this would be a great place to ask for some GMAT insight. I have been studying for the GMAT for a few weeks now. I took an onsite Kaplan advantage course and found it useful but not nearly enough to get me where I need to be. It did give me a good overview of what to expect on the GMAT. Ive been working with a random online tutor but it still really isn't meshing for me with him. I need much more quantitative help, more than likely re learning the math basics and then applying them to GMAT strategies. its just a lot of rust to shake off but I have the time and dedication to do it.

Now on to my question...I am looking into private tutoring and was wondering if anyone has any reviews or experience with the Princeton Review Master GMAT tutoring service.I spoke with them yesterday and they seemed to be offering what I need but who knows for sure. The fact that it is such a huge investment makes me hesitant to just rush into that program. I am willing to spend the money and definitely feel I need private instruction tailored to my needs, I just want to allocate the money appropriately. I do not want an online tutor though, I prefer face to face. I need someone to sit with me and essentially help me achieve my goal. Obviously I will be putting in all the extra outside work as well.

If anyone has any experience with them,their other private tutoring programs or another companies offerings such as ManhattanGMAT, I would appreciate your input immensely

Thanks and I hope to become active on this forum!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 286

Kudos [?]: 633 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 08:45
Expert's post
theSpade wrote:
Hello All,

Before I ask my question I will give a brief synopsis of myself and my studies so far...

I am a recent college graduate looking to get a 700 on the GMAT. I am no where near that yet and I believe this would be a great place to ask for some GMAT insight. I have been studying for the GMAT for a few weeks now. I took an onsite Kaplan advantage course and found it useful but not nearly enough to get me where I need to be. It did give me a good overview of what to expect on the GMAT. Ive been working with a random online tutor but it still really isn't meshing for me with him. I need much more quantitative help, more than likely re learning the math basics and then applying them to GMAT strategies. its just a lot of rust to shake off but I have the time and dedication to do it.

Now on to my question...I am looking into private tutoring and was wondering if anyone has any reviews or experience with the Princeton Review Master GMAT tutoring service.I spoke with them yesterday and they seemed to be offering what I need but who knows for sure. The fact that it is such a huge investment makes me hesitant to just rush into that program. I am willing to spend the money and definitely feel I need private instruction tailored to my needs, I just want to allocate the money appropriately. I do not want an online tutor though, I prefer face to face. I need someone to sit with me and essentially help me achieve my goal. Obviously I will be putting in all the extra outside work as well.

If anyone has any experience with them,their other private tutoring programs or another companies offerings such as ManhattanGMAT, I would appreciate your input immensely

Thanks and I hope to become active on this forum!!

True private tutoring can really add up by the hour. I used to tutor for the wealthy and know what people pay. But if face-to-face is absolutely what you want, then do what works for you.

Still, it's going to be YOU in front of that exam so it's all about changing how you think inside your head and handle the pressure come test day.

We do offer a "private GMAT tutoring experience" for those who want to feel like they are sitting right next to me as I take the GMAT exam for a fraction of the cost--but it's not the ideal face-to-face you may be looking for.

Good luck with your studies!

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 07:31
Hi..

I am a extraordinarily gifted teacher of Quantitative skills (Problem and Data Sufficiency) and have a passion for coaching students acquire the skills and tricks to reach the perfect score within the allotted time.

I am a Ph.D and a senior executive in the satellite industry living in the DC metro area (MD, NoVA, DC). I am available weekdays, weekends or evenings on mutual arrangement for personalized coaching. I am also available for coaching/clearing doubts over phone or email.

I haven't taken the GMAT myself, but have helped scores of my friends/relatives acquire the expertise quickly.

I am so confident of my capabilities that I am willing to offer my service for free and get paid any reasonable amount after you perform well in the test.

Good Luck whether or not you contact me.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8162 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 12:56
Expert's post
I would suggest that you ask to test drive it. I think it is a huge commitment. Many tutors offer a free hour or a free session of some sort to get a feel for their personality/etc.

I would have to agree with GMAT Pill, private tutoring is quite an investment compared to a class or self-study and you need to research it well and if you are going to pay for it, then you really need to be comfortable with the service and feel good about it.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: GMAT Private Tutoring Reviews/Input   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2011, 12:56