Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT - Quant vs Verbal Split Help!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: CBS '17
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT - Quant vs Verbal Split Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 03:36
I plan to apply to MBA schools with an August 2014 start date and as such, have obtained my GMAT. Overall, i have done the GMAT 3 times now, with scores as follows:

First attempt: 690 (88 percentile) - Qunat 47 Verbal 37
Second attempt: 700 (90 percentile) - Quant 45 Verbal 41
Third attempt: (610) - i am not even going to give the details

Based on the above scores, it is the third attempt on which i gave my full effort during the preparation, however, whether it be sheer pressure or otherwise, i completely bombed my GMAT.

As such, based on the above score trends, i have a few queries which i desperately need advice on:

1) Which score should i actually report on the MBA applications? While the difference between a 690 and 700 may be marginal, im not entriely happy with my quant score in my second attempt (which equated to a 69 percentile), however, this was completely overshadowed by my verbal score. Whereas the first score has a more balanced breakup between the 2 topics

2) The fact that i bombed the GMAT in my 3rd and final attempt - will that bear any significance on my overall application and as such, do you feel it necessary for me to give a 4th attempt for the GMAT.

A little bit of information about me: I'll be 26 years by the time of commencement of the MBA program with 6 years of professional work experience in financial services consulting. I have graduated in an Economics Honours (second class) degree for a top-3 institute in the UK (excluding Oxbridge), and am also a Chartered Certified Accountant by trade

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT - Quant vs Verbal Split Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 03:44
1) Which score should i actually report on the MBA applications? While the difference between a 690 and 700 may be marginal, im not entriely happy with my quant score in my second attempt (which equated to a 69 percentile), however, this was completely overshadowed by my verbal score. Whereas the first score has a more balanced breakup between the 2 topics I WOULD REPORT YOUR SECOND ATTEMPT -- THE MORE BALANCED SCORE. IT IS THE ONE THAT ADMISSIONS WILL FIND MOST COMPELLING.

2) The fact that i bombed the GMAT in my 3rd and final attempt - will that bear any significance on my overall application and as such, do you feel it necessary for me to give a 4th attempt for the GMAT. NO. MOST SCHOOLS, ON THEIR APPLICATIONS, ASK FOR YOUR ONE HIGHEST SCORE AND ONLY CONSIDER THIS. PEOPLE HAVE BAD DAYS AND YOU OBVIOUSLY HAD ONE. DO NOT WORRY.

A little bit of information about me: I'll be 26 years by the time of commencement of the MBA program with 6 years of professional work experience in financial services consulting. I have graduated in an Economics Honours (second class) degree for a top-3 institute in the UK (excluding Oxbridge), and am also a Chartered Certified Accountant by trade. THIS IS THE IDEAL TIME FOR YOU TO APPLY. I WOULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER. THERE ARE SOME SCHOOL THAT WILL APPRECIATE YOUR CANDIDACY MORE THAN OTHERS -- SO YOU HAVE TO BE SMART ABOUT WHERE YOU APPLY. ALSO, REALIZE THAT ALL OF YOUR MARGIN OF ERROR HAS BEEN USED UP WITH YOUR GMAT, SO YOUR APPLICATION HAS TO BE TOP QUALITY -- ESSAYS, RECOMMENDATIONS, INTERVIEW, RESUME, ETC.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

GOOD LUCK.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: GMAT - Quant vs Verbal Split Help!!!!   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2013, 03:44