Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT re-taker : score improved yet unhappy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

GMAT re-taker : score improved yet unhappy [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2014, 06:31
This post received
KUDOS
So I had my first attempt at GMAT on 1st apr,14. I scored a meagre 520. Decided to re-take and tried to do all things right - took verbal classes; gave mocks, etc everything. I managed to get a 620 upon re-taking the exam. (Q44, V31).

Its been 6 months with my GMAT prep and now I am applying based on my latest score. I am not targetting any top US B schools as I am very clear in my goals. I come from a manufacturing background and would like to pursue an MBA to move up further by pursuing either operations/marketing.

Anyone has any suggestions regarding the scores.. another attempt or not? Personally I am too drained to take the exam again. I have good grades in school and college and have always been a bright and sharp student. I now have close to 6 years work experience.

Anybody has any personal view.. do kindly share.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 19

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT re-taker : score improved yet unhappy [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2014, 04:43
sudeeptasahu29 wrote:
So I had my first attempt at GMAT on 1st apr,14. I scored a meagre 520. Decided to re-take and tried to do all things right - took verbal classes; gave mocks, etc everything. I managed to get a 620 upon re-taking the exam. (Q44, V31).

Its been 6 months with my GMAT prep and now I am applying based on my latest score. I am not targetting any top US B schools as I am very clear in my goals. I come from a manufacturing background and would like to pursue an MBA to move up further by pursuing either operations/marketing.

Anyone has any suggestions regarding the scores.. another attempt or not? Personally I am too drained to take the exam again. I have good grades in school and college and have always been a bright and sharp student. I now have close to 6 years work experience.

Anybody has any personal view.. do kindly share.

hi,
you have great chance of improvement in quant, as this is not the tough section. do some more practice on quant, i guess you had time management problem in quant section during you exam. use the excel sheet which i have posted for time management which will improve you score

and one more thing few point improvement in quant can get you 700 which is dream score just work hard and give as many cat as possible in real test exam situation
kudos if you like
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: GMAT re-taker : score improved yet unhappy [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2014, 14:35
Expert's post
A 620 is still a solid score. What b-schools are you applying to? Just take a look at their GMAT averages and admissions stats. If you fall into their range, I would not recommend taking the test again.

http://econgm.at/GCfreetrial
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: GMAT re-taker : score improved yet unhappy   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2014, 14:35