Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 06:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT registrations up, but test volume down?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
GMAT registrations up, but test volume down? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2006, 00:24
GMAC posted updated figures for GMAT test registration volume and testing volume. Here's the link:

http://www.gmac.com/gmac/ResearchandTre ... Volume.htm

I was wondering what you guys make of these numbers. For example, compared to this point last year, about 5500 more people have registered for the test, but about 4000 fewer people have actually taken the test. Does this mean that many people have scheduled their exam, but have not yet taken it? Or does it mean that many people have scheduled the exam but then decided not to take it altogether?

Another way to look at the numbers is that registrations are the highest in the past 4 years, but actual tests are the lowest of that period. I wonder if this means that people are registering for the test, but then find out that they are not properly prepared and skip it. I wonder if the switch to PV has anything to do with this.

Most of all, I wonder what this means for application volume. If indeed people are postponing their exams because of the switch to PV, the high level of registrations might result in higher application volumes next year. So this year might be the year to get your applications in. Or, maybe there will be a landslide of testers and applications later this fall.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT registrations up, but test volume down?   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2006, 00:24