Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 07:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Reporting

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Reporting [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2004, 16:30
I recently took the GMAT over again and didn't do as well on it as the first time (got a 680 the first time, 640 the 2nd time). But I gotta move on and start the app process. I sent out my first results to the schools i am applying to the first time, but on the second time around, I did not report the scores to any schools and do not plan to. My questions are:

1) Do the schools receive an "update" of my second GMAT attempt? Or do they just go on in ignorant bliss of my lesser performance the 2nd time?

2) I am beginning to fill out some apps and some schools ask how many times you have taken the GMAT and for the previous score. If i have already sent my scores out, and assuming the schools do not receive an update report, am I obligated to report my lower 2nd score anyway even if I do not plan on sending a second score report out?

Any advice would be appreciated! thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 675 [0], given: 781

Re: GMAT Reporting [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2004, 19:28
cs77 wrote:
I recently took the GMAT over again and didn't do as well on it as the first time (got a 680 the first time, 640 the 2nd time). But I gotta move on and start the app process. I sent out my first results to the schools i am applying to the first time, but on the second time around, I did not report the scores to any schools and do not plan to. My questions are:

1) Do the schools receive an "update" of my second GMAT attempt? Or do they just go on in ignorant bliss of my lesser performance the 2nd time?

2) I am beginning to fill out some apps and some schools ask how many times you have taken the GMAT and for the previous score. If i have already sent my scores out, and assuming the schools do not receive an update report, am I obligated to report my lower 2nd score anyway even if I do not plan on sending a second score report out?

Any advice would be appreciated! thanks!

hey cs77

long time:)

According to Linda, most schools consider the better of the two scores.
i think these questions are best answered by the experts, Linda or Game Plan

take care. wish you good luck

Praetorian
Re: GMAT Reporting   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2004, 19:28