Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V26
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT retake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Lucky009,

The inconsistency in your scores is likely due to your 'book-heavy' study approach. Many Test Takers get 'stuck' at a particular scoring level with this type of approach because books can't make you do work in a strategic way. You can read about tactics and patterns, but without seeing them used in a consistent way, you're not likely to change "your way" of doing things.

The practice CAT scores that you listed are all 'in range' of your Official Score (even with the fluctuations in the Scaled Scores). This means that you need more than just additional practice - you need constant, professional guidance to help you to change your tactics. Since there are so many options to choose from, it might seem difficult to find the "perfect" resources for you. Most GMAT companies offer some type of free resources (practice problems, Trial accounts, videos, etc.) so that you can "test out" a product before you buy it. You should take advantage of all of them. We have a free set of resources on the main page of our site that you'll likely find quite helpful. Test out all of the various options, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Lucky,

Hope you’re doing well!

Sad to here, that you got 580. But no worries you should start your preparation at the earliest.
General Education has the online GMAT coaching class, conducted by ISB GMAT Instructors on weekends typically this is for working professionals. You can attend the demo class, if sounds good than you can move ahead.
You can also try mini GMAT test tool https://goo.gl/AZzlgw on the website.

Thanks,
Shoaib
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lucky009 wrote:
Hii all

I took the gmat yesterday and scored a disappointing 580 (Q44, V26, IR 5). I'm planning to retake it after 2 months i.e in May. As you can see my weak area is verbal and I badly want a 700+ overall.
I was not able to do well particularly in RC and CR. So I'm planning to take the e-gmat verbal live online course. I wanted to know whether its worth it or not. And the next thing is can anyone suggest a study plan which is verbal focused for two months. especially i need some suggestions on how to build practice sets of RC and CR ( how to time RC and CR while practicing )

Pls somebody help thnq

Hi Lucky009,

Did you see this forum on GMAT Club? This should help in providing tips: how-to-improve-verbal-from-v30-to-v40-142361.html.

Best of luck on your GMAT retake!

Jessica
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7626 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Hey Lucky,

Sad to hear that your test did not got the way you wanted it to go. Here are somethings that you must look at, to improve your GMAT score.

1. Focus on Quant! 44 on Quant is not a very great score. You might want to push this to a 49+. Nothing like a 99 percentile in Quant, isn't it? This will push your overall GMAT score by atleast another 20 points.

2. Now that reaching 600 has become something that you can easily look at, focus on the Verbal. Go over all the questions that you have gone wrong while working out the OG, VR and QR. Make a note of all the errors made and make sure that you don't repeat the same error or any questions henceforth.

3. Make sure you take the 4 GMAT Prep tests multiple times. This helps in seeing harder questions and also builds endurance in test taking! Remember that high scorers live by taking tests.

All the best Lucky :) Your dream score is not very far off :)

Saikiran Dudyala
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for your wonderful tips and will incorporate these heavily this time.

Also thank you Jessica for the link. It really helped a lot.

will be back with my success story this time for sure.
GMAT Club Bot