Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 21:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth '16
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 20:11
Hey Guys!

First of all a huge thank to all of you who made this club a success!!

so, I gave GMAT last month and scored 550 (48 Q, 19 V, 5.5 AWA, 4 IR). Verbal ..too bad :((

after taking one week break, i again started preparing for the next attempt. Till now, I am studying VERBAL only.
Below is the material which I am using for Verbal (Please advice if this is sufficient)

SC- SC grail 3rd edition (I loved this book, after completing this, my accuracy has been improved to around 78-80%
CR - Powerscore GMAT CR bible (though the book is good but not that much practice problems
OG verbal guide 2nd edition

Last week I took the e-GMAT verbal online course and currently I am doing the RC course from e-GMAT. Till now, everything seems to be good, but still i dont know if i need to do any other thing to get the verbal score of close to 40.

I am good with my Quant score of 48, but still i need to do DS and revise all the concept before the my next attempt.

Please help and advice on improving verbal score.

Any guidance (and motivation) will be appreciated :!: !
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 15:13
This post received
KUDOS
OK...so one replied... :((

Anyways....last week i gave GMAT again and scored 620...with a verbal score of 32.

I am happy to see my verbal score of 32....last time it was 19 only....this time, I screwed Quant I guess (43)....but yaa..score seems promising and I am preparing for my 4th shot in another 1 or 2 months...

GMAT 2 - 550 (Q 48, V 19)
GMAT 3 - 620 (Q 43, V 32)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 13

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 16:13
This post received
KUDOS
eMJ wrote:

Anyways....last week i gave GMAT again and scored 620...with a verbal score of 32.

I am happy to see my verbal score of 32....last time it was 19 only....this time, I screwed Quant I guess (43)....but yaa..score seems promising and I am preparing for my 4th shot in another 1 or 2 months...

Great improvement on verbal! Where did you improve the most and what helped the most? I used e-gmat for sc, but I'm still early into my preparation.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 520 Q35 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 8

Premium Member
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 20:08
Hi,

Keep your spirits up! I would say that its a great sign that you are constantly improving. Eventually, you will be able to break 700. I noticed that you have the gmatclub tests. Those helped me improve so much. You should go through them thoroughly if you haven't already.

Really appreciate Kudos!

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9385 [0], given: 3694

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 20:21
Expert's post
eMJ wrote:

Why stretch it out? I thought that you only wanted to stretch out the pleasant thing but to get rid of something as annoying as GMAT faster and sooner.
Your verbal score is 32 and your quant can be 48 (you got rusty in 3 months and focused on Verbal, so your quant slipped). That's very common and yes, you get rusty and you lose it.

If you can get Q48 again (or maybe even 49) and get your Verbal to 34, you will be in the 680 range. I think it is very doable in a month - don't take a leisurely pace with it and spend months preparing or you will lose the V32 you have now... just a thought.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 04:14
bb wrote:
eMJ wrote:

Why stretch it out? I thought that you only wanted to stretch out the pleasant thing but to get rid of something as annoying as GMAT faster and sooner.
Your verbal score is 32 and your quant can be 48 (you got rusty in 3 months and focused on Verbal, so your quant slipped). That's very common and yes, you get rusty and you lose it.

If you can get Q48 again (or maybe even 49) and get your Verbal to 34, you will be in the 680 range. I think it is very doable in a month - don't take a leisurely pace with it and spend months preparing or you will lose the V32 you have now... just a thought.

I think this was my mistake in my second test, focused on Verbal and ignored much of the Quantitive, also agree that long time to prepare will have negative results.

I am now preparing for my 3rd take on the GMAT, only allowed one month to prepare since my last test was in August. I am preparing for the next year intake and hopping to achieve the +650.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 20:34
Thanks Guys!

With my current score of 620, I am applying in few schools..lets c

And yaa...i have started my preparation again

@ lovelaw27 - I think i have improved a lot in RC...i used to write the summary (1 line) of all the paragraphs and then tries to answer the questions
CR was my strong area, I love the SC section of e-gmat though.

@neverSurrender - Thanks for the kind words

@bb - I am gonna start my preparation again by this saturday....thanks for the advice.
Re: GMAT retake in 2 months!! need guidance   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2013, 20:34