Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 11:47
After reading this forum for a few months, I don't really understand this whole issue with retaking the GMAT. I actually took the GMAT 5 times, on the first 4 attempts even though I had been studying hard, I couldnt break 600, always in the 570-590 range, my verbal was holding me back. On the last attempt I just focused on the math and because i didn't stress over verbal I ended up with a score in the mid 600's, 650-670 range, my best math and verbal score out of all the attempts.

I ended up applying to 4 of the top 10 school, got accepted to 2 of them, rejected after interview from another and just a ding from another.

well guess what on some of the applications the school doesn't even ask how many times you took the GMAT, some do, but some didn't. so obviously I just reported my top score and things turned out alright.

so I don't understand why so many opinions on what the Adcom will think? i agree that if the application asks the number of times you took the test and you put down 10 attempts, it might raise eyebrows but otherwise nobody will really care. Maybe I'm missing something.

anyways off to Bschool in the fall.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 12:42
congratulations......gives some hope to those people who would like to torture themselves some more with the GMAT (I may be included)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 14:10
A little more in depth information would help clear things up.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 15:46
I know...its true. Many people have this fear of taking the GMAT multiply times. Not more than 2. I am one of them!!

I hope to take it ONLY 2 times...max 2. I should be saying one time only...my first time should be my only time...
Unfortunately I already know that my first time won't be good...*sigh* taking it in 2 days :cry: I'm so not ready!! :cry: :oops:
Re: GMAT - retake my opinion - everyone should read   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2008, 15:46