Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2015, 16:25
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Retake Study Plan-Suggestions?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GMAT 2: 640 Q41 V36
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 45

Reviews Badge
GMAT Retake Study Plan-Suggestions? [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 14:37
I just took my first GMAT on April 17, and scored a 600 with a 43Q 30V split. This score is lower than what I had been scoring on practice tests which were between 670-710, with a 640 the day before the exam. The score is also lower than what I was targeting, which is a 720+. I am currently planning another 8 weeks of studying to really work on verbal and also eke out a few more points from verbal. This also means I will have to deal with IR, which I am ok with.

Based on what I felt during the actual GMAT and the also during my preparation my weak areas are SC, DS, Remainder problems and word problems. So I'm going to go back and review everything and focus on really trying to learn as much as possible to the point of being able to do it in my sleep.

The materials I have available
OG 11, 12, 13-
MGMAT Guides
Jeff Sackmann challenge sets-all of them
MGMAT Advanced Quant
GMAT Club Math Book-Thanks guys
Verbal Supplement
Quant Supplement

My study plan is as follows:
1-2 hours on week days and 5/6 hours on weekends
Weeks 1-2: Reread the Quant MGMAT Guides and GMAT Club Book to nail down all gaps and to refresh considering a 43Q means I am still missing some basics. The main thrust of this period will be focusing on SC. I would like to read through SC twice in order to cement the concepts.

Weeks 3-4: Read through MGMAT Advanced Quant while working through Jeff Sackmann's sets, and the last bit of DS problems in the OG guides I have left. Continue working on SC problem sets from OG, and supplement guides. Take a practice CAT at the end of 4 weeks and review.

Weeks 5-6: Practice timing, I noticed on the actual GMAT my timing was off, it might have been because I was nervous but I want to have a better frame work for actual test taking. I also would like to read through IR at this point to get an idea of what it entails. Continue Sackmann sets if left otherwise purchase GMATClub Tests, and SC. Take a practice CAT at the end of 6 weeks.

Weeks 7-8: It should be coming together at this point, I should really focus on refining at this point.

Any suggestions or something I may be missing? Do you think 8 weeks is enough time?

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 132

Kudos [?]: 764 [0], given: 114

Re: GMAT Retake Study Plan-Suggestions? [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 15:21
Re: GMAT Retake Study Plan-Suggestions?   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2012, 15:21