Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 4563 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT/revised GRE? Trying to understand what will suit me [#permalink]
Hi Chris and Stacey,

Thanks a bunch. I have been reading a lot about the two tests. I have been looking at GRE questions too. I will soon take a Diagnostic test and let you know what i think.

Best,
B
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Chris and Stacey,

I took the GRE, powerprep diagnostic test today. Well, to begin with i felt the format is very different than that of GMAT and that confused me quite a bit. There were multiple choices to be made instead of one , as in i had to choose more than one correct answer.I could use the calculator and i could review questions, and move back within the same section.

Verbal Section:
Honestly, the verbal section went over my head because of the heavy vocab. There's lot of work to be done in vocab. I found the RC and CR questions more or less similar. While doing the questions i got convinced i was not going to fair well in Verbal. It requires a lot of practice. I found it harder than that of GMAT because i had n't learnt the vocab it tests.

Quant Section:
I found it much better than that of GMAT. finally i felt my hardwork in the past 3 months wasn't a waste. I was atleast not intimidated by the questions as i was while giving GMAT mock tests and the actual exam. Because i was n't familiar with the GRE format i wasn't able to answer a few questions in the first Quant section. I had marked them for review however, towards the end i pressed the wrong button and was forced to start the next section. I lost out on those precious points.

Score:
My diagnostic test score is 360-460,Verbal ; 670-770,Quant. The college i want to get in to has a median score of 574 Verbal; 672 Quantitative; 4.4 Analytical.

i didn't do the AWA section (although i know it's good to do the complete test but frankly, i didn't have that much patience) My GMAT AWA score with 1 day prep was 5/6 so i decided to take it easy but ofcourse that's not going to be the case when i get down to studying for the GRE and doing subsequent mock Tests.

I think im gonna go for GRE now. Pls help me interpret my scores and advise on pushing up the scores.

Best,
B
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28572 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Expert Reply
This is an older discussion. For folks still contemplating the GRE vs. GMAT for B-school, here's a more recent blog my friend Chris:
https://magoosh.com/gre/2013/gre-for-business-school/
Mike :-)
GMAT Club Bot