Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week! [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 00:04
hi
so i started my preparation on and off since July, I was taking a lot of tests but due to lack of guidance, i didn't know what the scaled score means.

recently when i took the GMAT prep, i found out my score is

GMAT prep 1- 650 (Q48, V31)

GMAT prep 2- 650 (Q49, V30)

I am using Kaplan for the past 3 days and after attending the CR online classroom session, i did try the CR OG'13 questions; dividing the 124 questions into 4 sections of 31 questions each, my accuracy so far has been 76%.

I plan to follow the same strategy for the next 7 days, and plan to exhaust OG, Kaplan(the main book, latest edition) which has 40 questions on CR, and manhattan.

I have to submit my score by march 31, so any which way i Will take a second attempt somewhere in February. I am taking this attempt to get a feel of gmat.

please suggest other strategies or make amendments to my present strategy.

ALSO,

since i have exhausted both the GMAT preps,
i wish to take a practice test to give me a real indicator 2 days before THE GMAT, so which test should I take?

hoping for a fast response

Parul Sharma
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 16

Re: GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week! [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 04:19
i would suggest you to do more and more questions from question banks provided in this forum.. see where your current level is by attempting questions according to difficulty level.. and then try to bridge the gap.. difficulty where you get most wrongs.. u should be comfortable with lower difficulty first before moving to higher..

There are ample resources available here for all sections of GMAT. just search the forum.. or visit bb's page.. he has provided many useful links..

Best Regards,
Mansoor

PS: Please consider kudos if you found it helpful
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 00:16
Firstly, we strongly recommend you to take each GMATPREP CAT twice. Each section(Verbal and Quant) in each CAT has 250 questions so you will see only a few repeat questions. The questions in these CATs are retired GMAT questions and are closest to what you are likely to get on the GMAT so try to exhaust them as much as possible

Secondly, trying to do more and more questions at this point is a bad idea. It'll not help you much. You should revise the error log(if you have made one) and focus on taking full length CATs(will help you build stamina). After taking a CAT,make sure that you analyze it at least for 2 hours. This will help you a lot as you will gain insights into the type of questions you are getting wrong and then you can take corrective measure so that you don't make the mistakes again.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 29

Re: GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 14:42
Stay active on the forum. Browse through each section and respond to as many questions as possible.

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Re: GMAT scheduled for 9/01/2013. PLEASE HELP. less than a week!   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2013, 14:42