Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 08:22

Right Now:

Admit Calls from McCombs  |  McDonough  |  Chicago-Booth  |  Tuck  |  Ross. || Join the chat for Live updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat scheduled to be on arpil 3rd 2012, 3 days to go..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Gmat scheduled to be on arpil 3rd 2012, 3 days to go.. [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 23:59
hi guys,

This is my third attempt for gmat,
first attempt-470
second attempt-550

after the second attempt, i got my act together and booked the next date a month later and decided to focus on practice and practice....so far so good., i have been scoring 630-640 range in my mock tests( I don't know what to expect these days, even during my second attempt i was scoring in the same range in my mock tests). Things are really tensed for me. All i am doing is now occasionally check on my basics and do a lot of problems from this forum, 1000SCs for SC. I am confident about my AWA, so I am not going to go through it this time(i scored a straight 6 last time :D ).

while doing 1000SCs, i realized that i am coming to the right answer by just eliminating all the wrong ones and eliminating the wordy and redundant ones from the final 2. so, i think i may have improved my score there. I have no clue what to do with RCs, sometimes i do good, sometimes i do not. math is definitely fine for me, as i have been scoring around 42-48 in my mock tests. So, verbal is my low key, as I haven't improved my score last two times. :(

I have 3 days to go, anyone out there, please suggest me how should i spend these days regarding gmat study??? anything that i can do might make atleast a small difference??? till then i will be doing practice exercises from all sections.

cheers
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 90

Kudos [?]: 712 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Gmat scheduled to be on arpil 3rd 2012, 3 days to go.. [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 00:03
Hi,

There's some good advice in this thread:

last-minute-tips-4-days-to-go-119019.html

Hopefully, some of it will be applicable to you too. Good luck on the GMAT!

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Gmat scheduled to be on arpil 3rd 2012, 3 days to go.. [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 18:16
nina11 wrote:
hi guys,

This is my third attempt for gmat,
first attempt-470
second attempt-550

after the second attempt, i got my act together and booked the next date a month later and decided to focus on practice and practice....so far so good., i have been scoring 630-640 range in my mock tests( I don't know what to expect these days, even during my second attempt i was scoring in the same range in my mock tests). Things are really tensed for me. All i am doing is now occasionally check on my basics and do a lot of problems from this forum, 1000SCs for SC. I am confident about my AWA, so I am not going to go through it this time(i scored a straight 6 last time :D ).

while doing 1000SCs, i realized that i am coming to the right answer by just eliminating all the wrong ones and eliminating the wordy and redundant ones from the final 2. so, i think i may have improved my score there. I have no clue what to do with RCs, sometimes i do good, sometimes i do not. math is definitely fine for me, as i have been scoring around 42-48 in my mock tests. So, verbal is my low key, as I haven't improved my score last two times. :(

I have 3 days to go, anyone out there, please suggest me how should i spend these days regarding gmat study??? anything that i can do might make atleast a small difference??? till then i will be doing practice exercises from all sections.

cheers

Good Luck on Tuesday! I would suggest you try to relax as much as possible over the next couple of days. I would not review any new content and I would not recommend taking any full length practice tests. Some light reviewing I think is okay. I did a little bit (it helped calm my nerves), but I think at this point don't do anything that is going to shake your confidence. Instead, focus on doing things that help you relax, eat right, and get some sleep.

I'm not sure what your problem is with RC, but sometimes I found myself having a hard time paying attention because I wasn't very interested in the passage. I would read for a minute or two and then realize I had no clue what I had just read. I started playing mind games with myself, which surprisingly enough seemed to work for me. I would tell myself over and over again how interesting the passage topic was and I would think of somebody that I know who might be interested in learning/talking about that particular topic. I would seriously convince myself that I needed to pay attention so I could talk to so-and-so about that very interesting thing I just read. It sounds weird but I think it helped me a lot. I went from getting ~70% of RC questions to ~90-95% during my prep. My biggest problem was SC.
Re: Gmat scheduled to be on arpil 3rd 2012, 3 days to go..   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2012, 18:16