Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score 610

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Score 610 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 03:58
Hello!

I took GMAT today and scored 610 (Q51, V20). I scored in the range of 28-35 in verbal section in the various mock tests that i took. But in GMAT, I could hardly score 20.
I have a work-ex of more than 4 years in Manufacturing Industry. Can somebody guide me if I should start applying in universities or give it another attempt?
I want to know one more thing here: do I stand a chance to get admission in a good university with this score?

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4574
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4473 [0], given: 162

Re: GMAT Score 610 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 04:12
Expert's post
harshalsethi wrote:
Hello!

I took GMAT today and scored 610 (Q51, V20). I scored in the range of 28-35 in verbal section in the various mock tests that i took. But in GMAT, I could hardly score 20.
I have a work-ex of more than 4 years in Manufacturing Industry. Can somebody guide me if I should start applying in universities or give it another attempt?
I want to know one more thing here: do I stand a chance to get admission in a good university with this score?

Thanks!


Depends on how you define 'a good university'. If you are talking about the top 20, I would advice you to give GMAT another shot. A 650+ and balanced scores in Quant and Verbal are more comfortable to them. Q51 and V20 is quite skewed. To improve your chances, try to bring the verbal score up to 35.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Score 610 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 04:27
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Depends on how you define 'a good university'. If you are talking about the top 20, I would advice you to give GMAT another shot. A 650+ and balanced scores in Quant and Verbal are more comfortable to them. Q51 and V20 is quite skewed. To improve your chances, try to bring the verbal score up to 35.


Yeah exactly! the score is quite unbalanced. and the score of 20 in verbal makes me feel like jumping off the cliff.
i was talking about top 50 universities in my previous post. Do these 'top 20' universities really consider applications of 650+ scores?
I always thought they take candidates with scores of 700+ only!
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4574
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4473 [0], given: 162

Re: GMAT Score 610 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 20:14
Expert's post
harshalsethi wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Depends on how you define 'a good university'. If you are talking about the top 20, I would advice you to give GMAT another shot. A 650+ and balanced scores in Quant and Verbal are more comfortable to them. Q51 and V20 is quite skewed. To improve your chances, try to bring the verbal score up to 35.


Yeah exactly! the score is quite unbalanced. and the score of 20 in verbal makes me feel like jumping off the cliff.
i was talking about top 50 universities in my previous post. Do these 'top 20' universities really consider applications of 650+ scores?
I always thought they take candidates with scores of 700+ only!


On average, the top 20 have a class average of 710-720. Obviously, they have quite a few 760+ scorers. Had they been focusing only on 700+ people, their average would have been much higher. A 670 has a fair shot too with a brilliant app. But yes, below 650, the chances reduce significantly. I have heard of 590 in the top 5 too but they are truly exceptional cases.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: GMAT Score 610   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2013, 20:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Regarding my GMAT score ( 610 ) sathiyanarayanan 11 05 Sep 2013, 21:29
Retaking GMAT with score of 610 dce 1 04 May 2013, 21:33
610 GMAT score vm20560 3 10 Apr 2010, 06:40
Application strategy (with bad GMAT score 610) Jarod 25 24 Sep 2007, 04:05
Experts publish their posts in the topic Multiple GMAT Scores (610 and ???) - Please help! bvgk 1 24 Jun 2005, 13:36
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Score 610

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.