Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score 670...Online Schools?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Score 670...Online Schools? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 13:17
Hi everyone,

I just took the GMAT today and received a 670 (Q:42 and V:40); I think I did better than this on my AW and IR sections.

My husband and I currently live in a small town, so my only choices for business school are either the local university, University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB), or an online program. I want to do what is best, and my gut instinct tells me that UTPB is better than any online MBA program, however it seems like more and more online programs are improving these days.

Here's my background: I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a 3.9 in a liberal arts major, and have been working in nonprofit development for approximately five years (and plan to stay in this industry). I have three years experience as a nonprofit development director, raising nearly 1/4th of a $1.8 million annual budget. Suffice it to say that business school was not on my radar until a couple years ago, however a business background will definitely be an asset in my industry.

Thanks,
Holly

Last edited by AnonymousSloth on 01 Jul 2013, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 96

Re: GMAT Score 670...Online Schools? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 16:08
AnonymousSloth wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just took the GMAT today and received a 670 (Q:42 and V:40); I think I did better than this on my AW and IR sections.

My husband and I currently live in a small town, so my only choices for business school are either the local university, University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB), or an online program. I want to do what is best, and my gut instinct tells me that UTPB is better than any online MBA program, however it seems like more and more online programs are improving these days.

Here's my background: I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a 3.9 in a liberal arts major, and have been working in nonprofit development for approximately five years (and plan to stay in this industry). I have three years experience as a nonprofit development director, raising nearly 1/4th of a $1.8 million annual budget. Suffice it to say that business school was not on my radar until a couple years ago, however a business background will definitely be an asset in my industry.

Thanks,
Holly

3.9gpa at austin is strong. 670 gmat is good as well. ud be competetitive to a lot of schools with a good story, esp if you got the gmat up.

how much would a local mba cost (if you're in non profit world, this should be a major consideration)? (i've never hear of ut - permian basin nor seen it mentioned on this forum) but id imagine u might be competitive for a decent scholarship if not a full ride with your background. unc has a recent online mba. i havent done much looking into it but i imagine a unc degree might be a good option unless your local school carries some weight in what you want to do or in ur area. id also do some homework and make sure an mba can really help you before making the time and money investment. if ur ever leaving the area, i think the unc name would go further for you but i expect the tuition might be much more than a local school in texas unless they give scholarships as well, in which case you might want to retry the gmat to see if you'd be more competitive for a decent scholarship (although I'm not sure if distance schools provide them as much). just some quick thoughts
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Score 670...Online Schools? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 21:43
Hi,

You have good GPA, avg. GMAT and a diverse profile with 5+ yrs. of work experience, which is sufficient in applying to b-school(s). However, if you skillfully write application essays and work hard in interviews, you would stand a chance in b-school(s). You may try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm

To get some more clarity on b-school application process and inputs from top b-school grads, kindly attend the webinar conducted by b-school alumnus. For more information and to register your name, click http://www.apphelp.co.in/apphelp-alumni-sessions.php

Regards
Erina

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Re: GMAT Score 670...Online Schools?   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2013, 21:43