Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 16:44

Starting Soon!

Live Q&A Session with HKU Admissions Team | Join the chat room to participate.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 21:49

Last edited by mockney on 06 Feb 2013, 04:02, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 29

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 00:00
Are you looking at US MSF programs? If so, you should be able to get into most of the top ones (minus Princeton and MIT). Villanova, WUSTL, Vanderbilt, and Boston College are four examples.

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 17:17
Thank you commdiver for your response. Do you have any more suggestions along the lines of Vanderbilt? I was also thinking of applying to Europe, do you think I have a shot at the top schools despite my 42 score in quant? Thanks again for taking the time to answer!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 23

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 03:27
What was your undergrad degree?

The admissions for the european master degrees require good quant skills, which you have to demonstrate either by a quantitative undergrad degree or/and by a good gmat quant score. Imo the GMAT quant score doesn't really have a lot in common with the math that you will encounter in those degrees, but its really the only fair comparison the admissions have. You have to get a higher quant score(>48) in order to have a chance at good programs in Europe, but it's gonna be tough because your GPA is also a little too low.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 13:27

Last edited by mockney on 26 Mar 2013, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 23

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 14:43
In which area would you like to work later?

From what I've read, the common route is to start working in Europe after a degree in Europe, and US banks don't really recruit from European universities. If you'd like to work in London you can either study in the UK at target unis such as Oxford, LSE(try the Accounting & Finance course though), Imperial, Warwick or Cambridge and LBS( which both require work experience), although I think your chances at those schools are not that good, or you could study at universities like Bocconi, SSE, Rotterdam and some other, which also place well in London(from what I've heard). I think you would have way better chances at the latter unis. Relevant internships also increase your chances in those programs.
Manager
Manager

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 06:02
You would not be eligible for the top European universities because of your GPA. I applied to LBS and LSE, both of which required at least a 3.5 GPA. I got into Villanova, got an interview with Vanderbilt, and got an interview with LBS. I am still waiting to hear back from MIT, WUSTL, and LSE.

You might be borderline with top US programs. Your GPA is below average and your GMAT is either average or slightly above average. If you have the time, I would suggest retaking the GMAT. Good luck!

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 10:18
commdiver wrote:
You would not be eligible for the top European universities because of your GPA. I applied to LBS and LSE, both of which required at least a 3.5 GPA. I got into Villanova, got an interview with Vanderbilt, and got an interview with LBS. I am still waiting to hear back from MIT, WUSTL, and LSE.

You might be borderline with top US programs. Your GPA is below average and your GMAT is either average or slightly above average. If you have the time, I would suggest retaking the GMAT. Good luck!

Thanks for responding

Last edited by mockney on 03 Jan 2013, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 11:54
mockney wrote:
commdiver wrote:

Thanks for responding. However, where did you get the information that they both require at least 3.5+?

They have it on their websites.

Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal)   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2012, 11:54

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap