Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2278

Kudos [?]: 8803 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 01:04
Expert's post
Yes, though I have not been able to verify this with Kaplan. I am thinking about removing Kaplan completely :)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 01:26
Interesting... I had:

11.4.2009 - Power Prep 1 - 640
11.6.2009 - Kaplan 1 - 570
11.6.2009 - Kaplan 2 - 620
11.10.2009 - Prinston 1 - 590
11.11.2009 - Prinston - 700
11.17.2009 - Power Prep - 690

11.21.2009 - Real Exam - 730
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2010, 21:41
Hi all,

First posting. I decided three weeks ago to write the GMAT to see if a top level MBA school was an option. I spent a few days figuring out what the test was all about then I did my diagnostic CAT with kaplan and got a 620. This really pissed me off so I have been busting my ass studying and tonight just got a 680 on one of the CAT kaplan offers....... this also pisses me off.

I just came across the estimator and it made me feel pretty good until I got on this thread.

Any additional info on Kaplan score estimator since the last posting?

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 4

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 02:40
This post received
KUDOS
Hi.

I would really like to know if someone's still attempting the kaplan tests or not !

I have a Premier Live Syllabus (it was complementary with the Kaplan books) . The online syllabus gives access to six full length practice tests. Because I have already finished off most of my MGMAT and PR cats and am seriously short of practice materials, I have been using the Kaplan tests off lately.

My scores in the first two kaplan tests attempted are as follows:
780 :lol: ( This is when I realized that something's awfully wrong) :evil:
Are these the CATs that everyone's scared of ? Or is there another set of CAT papers which are tougher than the ones provided with Premier Live Syllabus books?????
. The quant questions in these CATs are plain stupid. RC is tough, but CR and SC are definitely not above 600 mark.
Or is it that, "Kaplan has reduced its toughness level after the criticism it has been receiving on all gmat forums???"

My scores in Other CATs have been as follows:
GMAT Prep 1 : 640
GMAT Prep 2 : 670
MGMAT : 670 - 640
PR : 670 -620
GMAT POWERPREP1 : 720

I have my GMAT date on the 10th of June. How much should I target at ???? How good are the old PowerPrep CATs compared to the GMAT CATs today ??
. I am getting scores in the range of 43-47 in Quant and 33-37 in English most of the time. :-(

I have attached the Screenshot of my scores at kaplan for everyone to see
Attachments

File comment: Kaplan Result
kaplan.JPG
kaplan.JPG [ 62.53 KiB | Viewed 15443 times ]

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 09:08
ManishS wrote:
Hi.

I would really like to know if someone's still attempting the kaplan tests or not !

I have a Premier Live Syllabus (it was complementary with the Kaplan books) . The online syllabus gives access to six full length practice tests. Because I have already finished off most of my MGMAT and PR cats and am seriously short of practice materials, I have been using the Kaplan tests off lately.

My scores in the first two kaplan tests attempted are as follows:
780 :lol: ( This is when I realized that something's awfully wrong) :evil:
Are these the CATs that everyone's scared of ? Or is there another set of CAT papers which are tougher than the ones provided with Premier Live Syllabus books?????
. The quant questions in these CATs are plain stupid. RC is tough, but CR and SC are definitely not above 600 mark.
Or is it that, "Kaplan has reduced its toughness level after the criticism it has been receiving on all gmat forums???"

My scores in Other CATs have been as follows:
GMAT Prep 1 : 640
GMAT Prep 2 : 670
MGMAT : 670 - 640
PR : 670 -620
GMAT POWERPREP1 : 720

I have my GMAT date on the 10th of June. How much should I target at ???? How good are the old PowerPrep CATs compared to the GMAT CATs today ??
. I am getting scores in the range of 43-47 in Quant and 33-37 in English most of the time. :-(

I have attached the Screenshot of my scores at kaplan for everyone to see

That seems like an odd Kaplan CAT score, considering your other scores. As far as I know, the 3rd Kaplan Practice Test is a legitimate CAT. (The paper test is not, and the 2nd Kaplan Practice Test is suspect.) GMAT Prep is by far the most accurate indicator of your score. PowerPrep is an older version of GMAT Prep and contains some repeat questions from the OG's, which may explain the score increase.

Why don't you reinstall GMAT Prep and retake Test 1? Your score may be inflated 10-30 points (so you will need to adjust your expectations), but GMAT Prep is truly the most accurate indicator.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 09:17
Expert's post
I love that you got 54 and 53, which are impossible on the real GMAT.
Kaplan has overhauled their scoring mechanism a while ago - I have been trying to get a confirmation of this from the company but have not been able to, and that makes me think we should remove or at least adjust Kaplan on the score estimator since it is no longer accurate.

PowerPreps are pretty good unless you have encountered those questions before - there is an overlap with the OG 12 (not much but there is some).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 14:10
Hey Guys,

My scores so far are as follows:

660 MGMAT
680 GMATPrep, V31
640 GMATPrep, V31
660 MGMAT, V34
700 MGMAT, V41

What really bothers me, is that my verbal scores are very low in both GMATPrep Tests (as indicated above),
so I think the 700 in MGMAT are actually more than I'm worth ;(.

From today onwards, I have 2 more weeks to prepare - fulltime.
2 points:

1.) How precise would you rank the MGMAT Verbal part compared to the GMATPrep part?
My feeling is that the Quant part in MGMAT is harder than the real one, but the Verbal is easier. Does anyone share this experience?

2.) Keepin' the former posts about Kaplans GMAT in mind, I'm wondering whether I should give these tests a try. Or are there any better tests out there, which help my to size in my score. Would you recommend subsituting Kaplans Test by Princeton's? I guess Princeton provides one CAT for free, don't they?

Thank you so much, especially for the GMAT Score Predictor.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2010, 02:42
I just wanted to give you an update.
I took the real test and scored 710. I think the Quant was much easier than any oder tests I did so far (though I only scored 47), and the Verbal part was definetely time-consuming and very difficult! As I said, I did not practice with the Kaplan CD and it worked fine for me. I think MGMAT CATs are one of the most efficient source to get an idea of your scores. Good luck to y'all.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIT Madras
WE 1: 2+ years - Programming
WE 2: 3+ years - Product developement,
WE 3: 2+ years - Program management
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 104

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2010, 05:01
I am sort of reluctant to take the GMAT prep as I have already taken it twice for my first real GMAT attempt. I Feel the questions will repeat. Any advice on that?
I would love to check out the estimator once I get a reply.
Please help.
-pH
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2010, 21:02
Expert's post
hemanthp wrote:
I am sort of reluctant to take the GMAT prep as I have already taken it twice for my first real GMAT attempt. I Feel the questions will repeat. Any advice on that?
I would love to check out the estimator once I get a reply.
Please help.
-pH

Yes they will repeat if you have taken it twice. However, on the flip side, there are 1000+ questions in the software....
There is really no right/wrong answer.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIT Madras
WE 1: 2+ years - Programming
WE 2: 3+ years - Product developement,
WE 3: 2+ years - Program management

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 104

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2010, 22:42
So far my tests have been:
Manhattan - 700 - 49Q 36V
Kaplan Free test - 640 - 47Q 37V (not sure about the splits)
Veritas Free - 690 - 49Q, 42V
Platinum GMAT - 680-690 - 47Q 39V
Princeton Free - 690 - 47Q 39V
Kaplan 2nd test - 700 - 47Q 41V
Knewton Free - 710 - 47Q 40V

And my stress percentile is around 72.
The estimator shows will be around 720 - 760. Thats awesome :). And to back the results I put in my mock scores before the first attempt and it was damn accurate. It gave me 670-690 and I got 680 in the real test. :)

Great work dude and thanks for the info that there are 1000's of questions..I feel better about taking the GMAT prep's again. And also, there is this 2005 edition and then 2005-2008 edition .. Do those versions mean the questions will change or something?

Thank you,
Hemanth
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2010, 23:23
Expert's post
Good luck - the questions are slightly different in the two versions but not by much (nobody knows exactly by how much).

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Schools: S3 Asia MBA (Fudan University, Korea University, National University of Singapore)
WE 1: Market Research
WE 2: Consulting
WE 3: Iron & Steel Retail/Trading

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2010, 21:06
I think there should be an option to remove a particular vendor from this tool, in case one has not taken that vendor's test. For example, I didn't take the free CAT by TPR, and so kept its level at 200 in this tool (see screenshot). I fed the remaining fields of this tool with correct data and it *still* estimated my GMAT score precisely. What's up with this?
Attachments

Estimated GMAT score for Rishabh Singla, GMAT Club, 2-Oct-10.jpg
Estimated GMAT score for Rishabh Singla, GMAT Club, 2-Oct-10.jpg [ 244.14 KiB | Viewed 14049 times ]

Labor Omnia Vincit (Hard Work Conquers All)
My practice and final scores | My GMAT Club profile
My blog | My Google profile | My LinkedIn profile | Me on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 21:33
I echo rishabsingla... there should be option to uncheck a vendor
also an option to add two scores for GMAT Prep (as most people take both tests)

GMAT: 750 Q51 V40
GMAT Prep1: 740 Q50 V40 ; GMAT Prep2: 760 Q49 V44; MGMAT1: 700 Q48 V37; Kaptest: 710 Q47 V41; GMAT Prep3: 760 Q50 V44
10-days-before-the-gmat-103450.html

Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB, HEC, Said

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 22:09
Vertias tests are not part of this tool is there any specific reason.

Recently I scored Q44V20 Overall 560 on veritas
and Q44V22 Overall 550 on GMAT prep 1
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2011, 05:22
HI guys
I finished Kaplan prep and got 640. However I had 20minutes and 15minutes remained in the end of quantitative and verbal. Was I too relaxed?
So, how could I calculate my score?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2011, 16:41
Great contribution!

Is there any chance if you could include Grockit too? If not, what other practice exam is the closest standard to Grockit.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Score Predictor - predict your gmat score [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 07:10
bb wrote:
I love that you got 54 and 53, which are impossible on the real GMAT.

Haha really? I got a V55 on my last Kaplan, oh well.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some to this discussion soon, taking the test June 1st. So far:

5/6 Kaplan Practice Test: 650, Q40 V43
5/9 Kaplan CAT 1: 630, Q40 V37
5/16 Kaplan CAT 2: 680, Q38 V52
5/22 Kaplan CAT 3: 710, Q38 V55
5/25 GMATPrep 1: 730, Q47 V44

So, feeling pretty good, but the discrepancy between Kaplan and GMATPrep in terms of Q/V spread makes me a little nervous. The score calculator is predicting a crazy 760 (I'm good with stress), which I'd love to believe, but a little skeptical. But hey, if GMATPrep is the most accurate, hopefully I'll be able to replicate a score like that on GMATPrep 2 and sail into test day.

Regardless, super helpful site and forum!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Virginia Tech

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:33
This post received
KUDOS
I think you should also take into consideration whether the test takers did the AWA on the practice tests. I find that I scored much better on practice exams where I skipped the AWA.

MGMAT no AWA = 640
MGMAT no AWA = 680
GMATprep1 + AWA = 610
GMATprep2 + AWA = 600

Real GMAT = 610 (5.5 AWA)
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score [#permalink] New post 27 May 2011, 06:57
rishabhsingla wrote:
I think there should be an option to remove a particular vendor from this tool, in case one has not taken that vendor's test. For example, I didn't take the free CAT by TPR, and so kept its level at 200 in this tool (see screenshot). I fed the remaining fields of this tool with correct data and it *still* estimated my GMAT score precisely. What's up with this?

If the level is at 200 for any particular vendor-test, it's not taken into account in the calculation.
Re: GMAT Score Calculator - calculate your gmat score   [#permalink] 27 May 2011, 06:57