Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 17:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok? [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2009, 06:20
I took the GMAT last week and when i log into mba.com to see my activity it says that i have taken the gmat but that my score is not reportable. I did get my unofficial score upon finishing the exam. I wrote to gmac and I am waiting for their reply. Anybody has had the same experience? What does getting such status mean?

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1978

Kudos [?]: 6402 [0], given: 3564

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok? [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2009, 14:47
Expert's post
jairus wrote:
I took the GMAT last week and when i log into mba.com to see my activity it says that i have taken the gmat but that my score is not reportable. I did get my unofficial score upon finishing the exam. I wrote to gmac and I am waiting for their reply. Anybody has had the same experience? What does getting such status mean?

Thanks!

Just means that you can't report your scores to schools yet - nothing is wrong with the score/test. How did you do by the way?

Usually takes 20 days (sometimes less) for the scores to be reportable (when AWA gets graded). Nothing unusual. I would not worry unless it is day 22.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok? [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2009, 00:12
bb wrote:
jairus wrote:

Thanks!

Just means that you can't report your scores to schools yet - nothing is wrong with the score/test. How did you do by the way?

Usually takes 20 days (sometimes less) for the scores to be reportable (when AWA gets graded). Nothing unusual. I would not worry unless it is day 22.

Thanks, bb: that's relieving! Actually, my status appears now as "Taken - scores reportable", although I cannot access them probably because AWA was not been reviewed and scored yet.

I did well in the exam, getting an unofficial score of 710, 92% percentil (47Q, 40V). I found the math part very similar to GMATPREP both in types of exercises and in their difficulty. The verbal part seemed harder than the GMATPREP, specially sentence correction and a long management passage with many acronyms that involved going up and down in the lines to retrieve what each was refering to. Thus, the relatively low score in Verbal, unbalanced with Quant. Anyway, I won't retest. 710 is enough for major business schools and extra push for getting in should come from the rest of the application
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1978

Kudos [?]: 6402 [1] , given: 3564

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2009, 12:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
jairus wrote:

Thanks, bb: that's relieving! Actually, my status appears now as "Taken - scores reportable", although I cannot access them probably because AWA was not been reviewed and scored yet.

I did well in the exam, getting an unofficial score of 710, 92% percentil (47Q, 40V). I found the math part very similar to GMATPREP both in types of exercises and in their difficulty. The verbal part seemed harder than the GMATPREP, specially sentence correction and a long management passage with many acronyms that involved going up and down in the lines to retrieve what each was refering to. Thus, the relatively low score in Verbal, unbalanced with Quant. Anyway, I won't retest. 710 is enough for major business schools and extra push for getting in should come from the rest of the application

Congratulations!

710 is plenty - if you are targeting top 20, the gmat score is not the decision maker there. It is nice to have a 99th percentile, but with the amount of time it will take to get there (for anyone really), better to invest your efforts elsewhere - essays, recommendations, resume, activities, research school, etc.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: GMAT SCORE: status = taken, score NOT REPORTABLE: is it ok?   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2009, 12:34