Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 12:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:07
Just took a practice test to find out where I stand, before I start study!
Had:

Total 450

My goal is 500-600, is it possible to achieve?
English is not my native language!

Last edited by Tacoman on 20 Dec 2012, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:36
Tacoman wrote:
Just took a practice test to find out where I stand, before I start study!
Had:
Quant 30
Verb 17
Total 400

My goal is 500-600, is it possible to achieve?
English is not my native language!

Dude,

I just moved from 26 in verbal to 33.

As much as I know:

CR - Powerscore CR bible
SC - MGMAT
RC - different people have different strategies. You'll have to come up with yours.

Start with CR and SC; the books I mentioned above should help you.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9454 [1] , given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 13:33
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
A small update - IR table updated with Jan 2013 results.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 13

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 11:10
which is better .....Manhattan gmat or kaplan for online course
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 10:29
I am just commencing my journey to take GMAT & intend to take the test on next June. What books do I need to purchase exactly & it would be convenient for me if u mention the list very precisely as per my preparation tenure of about 4 months (note - I Can study for about 3.5 hours per day on average & aspire to get 720 on the actual test).
My second inquiry is about scholarship. Is there any chance to get full free scholarship at any business school ? If yes, please kindly mention the list. Again how can I afford my living expenditures, i.e. whether there exists any earning opportunity ? (note - I am a student of Bangladesh, which is a third world poor country, & it's impossible for me to bear even beyond $ 700 per year.)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V37
GPA: 3.71
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 09:21
Is the spreadsheet an approximation? Because I got Q43 V37 and scored 650, spreadsheet says 660
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 20:15
Can anyone give me the list of B schools as per the GMAT score they accept (on an avg.)..like which are the schools in the 550-600 range, which are the in the 600-700 range and which are above 700..or is it too much to ask??
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9454 [0], given: 3701

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2013, 12:55
Expert's post
GMAC has released a new score distribution with new percentiles.
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores ... means.aspx

I will be updating the first post with these scores while keeping the older ones handy.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 22:05
Hi,

The website says , Official Score Report will be sent within 20 calendar days of the test. Does this mean 20 working days or 20 days straight ? The universities I am applying to have a deadline of December 1st, 2013 hence I was wondering when I should be giving the exam in order to send the scores on time.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9454 [0], given: 3701

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 22:10
Expert's post
afreenshams wrote:
Hi,

The website says , Official Score Report will be sent within 20 calendar days of the test. Does this mean 20 working days or 20 days straight ? The universities I am applying to have a deadline of December 1st, 2013 hence I was wondering when I should be giving the exam in order to send the scores on time.

You will find out your Quant, Verbal, and Total scores immediately after the test.
It can take up to 20 days to determine your IR and AWA scores though it usually happens within one week. (Those scores don't really have a say in your application, unless they are really bad that is)

You can often take the test a day or two before the university deadline (not recommended but possible). You can ask the school what is "safe" and if they are OK with you taking the GMAT so close to the deadline. What happens is that you report your score on the application and the university uses that information to review your application (they later verify that what you have reported matches the official GMAC report). Most do not require AWA/IR reported at the time of submission.

However the safe thing to do is to take the GMAT a few months in advance (ideal) or 32 days in advance (that will give you a chance to retake if you need to). You are allowed to retake only after 31 days, so 32 days gives you that chance.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 08:27
I took a practice test 2 weeks got 510 and yesterday on another test I got 640.

Are these free practice tests really test the GMAT level? I have purchased the Kaplan test series as well. I will take them starting next week. I just wanted to check on the free practice tests for now. Please advise.
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2013, 07:49
aakrity wrote:

Are these free practice tests really test the GMAT level? I have purchased the Kaplan test series as well. I will take them starting next week. I just wanted to check on the free practice tests for now. Please advise.

If you talking about Gmat Prep free software then they are best mocks available in the market...

Quick note- You can reset the software and take 2 more practice tests, you will see very less repeat questions, also you may want to save one for your final lap.

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2013, 10:31
prateekbhatt wrote:
aakrity wrote:

If you talking about Gmat Prep free software then they are best mocks available in the market...

Quick note- You can reset the software and take 2 more practice tests, you will see very less repeat questions, also you may want to save one for your final lap.

Thanks Prateek. I took the Princeton Review practice test.

I will take the GMAT Prep test then :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 33

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 03:01
bb wrote:
afreenshams wrote:
Hi,

You will find out your Quant, Verbal, and Total scores immediately after the test.
It can take up to 20 days to determine your IR and AWA scores though it usually happens within one week. (Those scores don't really have a say in your application, unless they are really bad that is)

You can often take the test a day or two before the university deadline (not recommended but possible). You can ask the school what is "safe" and if they are OK with you taking the GMAT so close to the deadline. What happens is that you report your score on the application and the university uses that information to review your application (they later verify that what you have reported matches the official GMAC report). Most do not require AWA/IR reported at the time of submission.

However the safe thing to do is to take the GMAT a few months in advance (ideal) or 32 days in advance (that will give you a chance to retake if you need to). You are allowed to retake only after 31 days, so 32 days gives you that chance.

Good Luck!

Hi BB,
Nice post.. have been searching for this for long !
I have a query, I appeared for GMAT on 29/10/2012 and chose 5 schools to receive my scores. I am curious as to till when should I expect revert from these schools ( I am checking my mailbox on daily basis and I do see some invitations by these schools to meet on some fair etc but no calls ! )
Does it work like this way, e.g. if the Application Deadline say for Kelley school of business for First Round was October 15 and the Notification for this round will come out in December, they wont consider my scores in First round ?

How to calculate ?? pls suggest ..

Many Thanks !
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 06:06
jaya1 wrote:
bb wrote:
afreenshams wrote:
Hi,

Good Luck!

Hi BB,
Nice post.. have been searching for this for long !
I have a query, I appeared for GMAT on 29/10/2012 and chose 5 schools to receive my scores. I am curious as to till when should I expect revert from these schools ( I am checking my mailbox on daily basis and I do see some invitations by these schools to meet on some fair etc but no calls ! )
Does it work like this way, e.g. if the Application Deadline say for Kelley school of business for First Round was October 15 and the Notification for this round will come out in December, they wont consider my scores in First round ?

How to calculate ?? pls suggest ..

Many Thanks !

Hi

After you send your score to the schools then you have to register on their website by making some registration fee, after that you have to follow their application procedure, once you submit you application along with gmat score then you will receive interview call.

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 02:01
I know the table is not perfect but I think it is strange that I am 20 points under what the table predicts. I got Q49, V47 which says 780, but I got a 760. Wondering if this is a product of percentile changes.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 05:25
Hello everyone.
It's exciting to see the range of scores, and so many positive results. I've noticed it is hard to find people in real life that want to talk about GMAT so I'm excited to join the discussion here.
I've benefited quite a bit from gmatclub, and wanted to share my progress.
My goal for the GMAT is 700+, and I take my first test on 12/16.

I enrolled in a live Veritas prep class that meets two nights per week (started 11/4), and have been studying since 11/3. I took a practice test about 2 weeks into my studies and scored a 530 (on 11/16). After another 2 classes and nightly studying I managed to score a 570 on 11/23. I was glad to see improvement, but still did not feel confident while reading most of the problems. My class met two nights in a row due to Thanksgiving holiday, and after another handful of nightly study sessions I finally reached 600(11/27). I finally overcame some repetitive issues I was having, spent another weekend studying GMAT, and was gaining confidence each day. On 12/2 I was eager to do another practice test, and that night reached another milestone scoring a 660. I have continued my rigorous study routine, and plan to exceed my goal of 700 on test day. A lot of my early improvement came from simply relearning old material, I've put a lot of time and effort into studying and it's starting to show.

Good luck to everyone.
Director
Director

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 19:29
cheezzy wrote:
Hello everyone.
It's exciting to see the range of scores, and so many positive results. I've noticed it is hard to find people in real life that want to talk about GMAT so I'm excited to join the discussion here.
I've benefited quite a bit from gmatclub, and wanted to share my progress.
My goal for the GMAT is 700+, and I take my first test on 12/16.

I enrolled in a live Veritas prep class that meets two nights per week (started 11/4), and have been studying since 11/3. I took a practice test about 2 weeks into my studies and scored a 530 (on 11/16). After another 2 classes and nightly studying I managed to score a 570 on 11/23. I was glad to see improvement, but still did not feel confident while reading most of the problems. My class met two nights in a row due to Thanksgiving holiday, and after another handful of nightly study sessions I finally reached 600(11/27). I finally overcame some repetitive issues I was having, spent another weekend studying GMAT, and was gaining confidence each day. On 12/2 I was eager to do another practice test, and that night reached another milestone scoring a 660. I have continued my rigorous study routine, and plan to exceed my goal of 700 on test day. A lot of my early improvement came from simply relearning old material, I've put a lot of time and effort into studying and it's starting to show.

Good luck to everyone.

You are improving quicky :) , keep up this pace.

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 318

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 19 May 2014, 06:07
Hi,

I don't know whether this has been asked before.

I want to ask that can we report the scores before sitting in the exam since in the middle of anxiety while appearing for exam it would be difficult to remember GMAT institute codes of different colleges.

If this has been asked before then sorry for the duplicate post.

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 19 May 2014, 08:20
Expert's post
Hi all,

If you're interested in reading more about how the GMAT is scored, you may wish to check out our expert blog posts from Economist GMAT Tutor's academic team:

https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... ted-part-i
https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... ed-part-ii
https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... d-part-iii

Kind regards,

Liz

Liz
http://econgm.at/KvjVSi
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: GMAT Scores   [#permalink] 19 May 2014, 08:20