Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 10:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 134

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 02:33
i just posted this but its not showing up, v sorry if there's a repeat:

Would anybody know how one's Manhattan Verbal corresponds to the actual GMAT? I've been getting V40-45 on the last 4 MGMAT's (increased steadily by a point each time). However, I wrote the GMAC CD official test # 2 yesterday, and got V42.

I was hoping to at least get in the 43 range on Wednseday, when I rewrite, but felt that the GMAC test was easier than the actual GMAT from what I remember.

So far, here's what I've been getting (I tried the score calculator which put me at 700, as I ranked myself "average test performance" on the last bar - I tend to get nervous on D-Day).

GMAC 1: 710 (Inflated because of OG question repeats)
Veritas (free): 680, M43, V40
MGMAT 1: 700, M44, V41
MGMAT 2: 700, M46, V40,
Princeton (free): 700, M47, V40
MGMAT 3: 740 M47, V44 (finished Manhattan SC guide for the first time)
Knewton (free): 650 (M38 V43 - very surprised by this, especially since I felt the math was simpler)
MGMAT 4: 750 (M47, V45 - repeat questions inflated both sections)
GMAC # 2: 720 (M47, V42)

I know the common logic is +/- 30 for GMAC, I'm more concerned about my V score I guess. Any body have comments on my possible Verbal range?
A.

How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Boston U
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 00:21
Great job, bb; I just understood that one can score 800 even with a 48 in Q, and of course 51 in V. It's so inspirational. I was reading another post about getting 800 and Stanford story of disappointing 800ers. Maybe one day Gmaters come to this conclusion that just bombing a few questions purposefully may not be so unwise, haha, that's so stupid though.

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2011, 02:49
Hi guys!
What does it mean "Performance under pressure"?
I use stopwatch and try to find the right solution as faster as I can and usually it weakens my final score because of stupid mistakes.

What "type of pressure" is it?

Thanks in advance!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2174

Kudos [?]: 7743 [0], given: 3629

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2011, 14:08
Expert's post
alexpiers wrote:
Hi guys!
What does it mean "Performance under pressure"?
I use stopwatch and try to find the right solution as faster as I can and usually it weakens my final score because of stupid mistakes.

What "type of pressure" is it?

Thanks in advance!

You are referring to the gmat score calculator.
This is a variable that throws us off. Basically - everything that is different on the test day from what it was in your home/office/etc where you took practice tests and also your performance impact when you are taking the real test vs a practice one.

Basically if you stress out a lot and panic on the test, you should move that up quite a bit. Otherwise, just keep in the middle. If you perform better under stress, then move it left.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 12:53
Thanks great explanation
HKUST Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 2.9
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2011, 09:35
nice post. I have to improve on my verbal though!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 19:33
So I took GMAT on Sat, Oct 22 for the first time after my preparation of 4-5 weeks and I got a VERY DISAPPOINTING score of 590!!!!
Its not even closeeeee to what I want to be able to apply to the colleges of my dream.
So how should I prepare myself to take the bull by horns when I take the test next time. I am planning to take it in mid Dec now?
Please suggest me some good strategies and materials for preparation. I prepared using Manhattan GMAT 8 books and Official Guide.
HKUST Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 2.9
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2011, 09:49
GottaWin wrote:
So I took GMAT on Sat, Oct 22 for the first time after my preparation of 4-5 weeks and I got a VERY DISAPPOINTING score of 590!!!!
Its not even closeeeee to what I want to be able to apply to the colleges of my dream.
So how should I prepare myself to take the bull by horns when I take the test next time. I am planning to take it in mid Dec now?
Please suggest me some good strategies and materials for preparation. I prepared using Manhattan GMAT 8 books and Official Guide.

hey look on the bright side.. you're above the mean score....
In case you haven't gone through the entire official guide, I suggest you do that right away and in addition to that, try out as many practice tests as u can.
Current Student
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honors Society, FINRA Securities Licenses, CA Insurance Licenses
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 16:17
very useful information and charts!! thank you very much!! helped me establish my targets for Q and V!

Brandon Hoffman
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bdhoffman

Management Leadership of Tomorrow (MLT) - MBA Programs Fellow
MLT LA Chapter - Board Member / Recruiting Officer
Net Impact - Professional Chapter Co-President
MBADiversity Organization - Global Fellow, CHINA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 22:50
Hi, I took the GMAT on 25th Oct 2011 and scored a 710, Q47 V41. I sent my scores to 5 programs on that day. I plan to retake it in a month's time and send scores to 5 different programs this time around. Will the programs I sent my scores at my first attempt receive the scores from my second attempt as well? will they have access to scores from my second attempt in any way? (Btw I know that the schools I report my scores to at my second attempt will receive scores from my first as well).
Intern
Intern
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 19:08
Very useful information bb! I just finished my GMAT Prep test 1 (diagnostic test) without any preparation and scored 570 (42Q, 26V). I never thought would perform this badly in verbal section. Guess time to wake up start the "Real GMAT journey! :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 19:05
I did my Bachelors from India..I have my regular marksheets and the degree that Indian Universities issue (Kurukshetra University in particular)...Is that a valid transcript to submit to the Business Schools with the application? Or do I need to get something from the University?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 11-15-2011
GPA: 3.33

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 38

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 22:11
Very helpful
Expert Post
Followers: 245

Kudos [?]: 2096 [0], given: 679

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 19:18
Expert's post
Sorry I have a BIG doubt

I'll take the test the 10th of december. There is a method for BS to receive my score as soon as possible ?? five or seven days ??? even paying for ??'

Thanks a lot. I appreciate any advice. Thanks

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension

TOEFL iBT
Best resources to tackle each section of the TOEFL iBT

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-10-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 07:28
Thanks for this information!!

One question: is it mandatory at the test center to send my score to a school? I still don't know where I want to go. It depends on how high I'll score :roll:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2011, 06:17
jazzyvirus wrote:
Hi, I took the GMAT on 25th Oct 2011 and scored a 710, Q47 V41. I sent my scores to 5 programs on that day. I plan to retake it in a month's time and send scores to 5 different programs this time around. Will the programs I sent my scores to at my first attempt receive the scores from my second attempt as well? will they have access to scores from my second attempt in any way? (Btw I know that the schools I report my scores to at my second attempt will receive scores from my first as well).

Anyone wants to answer the above question??
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2011, 07:41
Your 1st attempt scores will be received by first 5 schools....

Your second attempt scores will be received by the other 5 schools that you selected....

In no way 1st 5 schools would ever come to know about the 2 attempt schools or vice versa...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2011, 01:49
BB ,
Does the scoring chart constantly get updated ?
One of the practice tests I got a 49 in Quant and 39 in verbal but got only 690 . According to the chart I should Have got 720 ?!
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2011, 20:07
According to GMAT website, it takes 20 calendar days for the schools to receive the score after test, does that include non-business days?

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores-and-score-reports/sending-your-scores-to-schools.aspx
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 08:15
georgepaul0071987 wrote:
BB ,
Does the scoring chart constantly get updated ?
One of the practice tests I got a 49 in Quant and 39 in verbal but got only 690 . According to the chart I should Have got 720 ?!

Are you talking about a GMAT Prep practice test? Any other practice test is not accurate because they cannot replicate GMAC's algorithm for computing scores accurately.

Also, I have noticed slight variations in scores with similar V-Q scores. You are correct that a Q49 V39 should get 720 (Q49 V38 - I got 710 on the actual GMAT). However, a poster recently posted as getting a 710 with a Q49 V39
first-time-710-q49-v39-summing-it-up-123669.html

It seems to indicate that there are a few other factors that go into your finals score (for instance the number of difficult questions you got wrong, or if you answered correct questions evenly in different sections vs. acing one section and bombing another etc.).
Re: GMAT Scores   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2011, 08:15