Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2003, 14:06
Hey all,

I'm glad that there's a forum such as this where I can ask some questions and get a feel for what I'm getting myself into here (I'm writing the exam in August)...

My question is, how quickly do you get your GMAT results back once you've written it? I thought it might have been instantaneously displayed once you've completed it, since it is a CAT afterall, but what about the grading of the AWA section?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1983

Kudos [?]: 6413 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2003, 14:27
Expert's post
rdilawri wrote:
Hey all,

I'm glad that there's a forum such as this where I can ask some questions and get a feel for what I'm getting myself into here (I'm writing the exam in August)...

My question is, how quickly do you get your GMAT results back once you've written it? I thought it might have been instantaneously displayed once you've completed it, since it is a CAT afterall, but what about the grading of the AWA section?

You know your score immediately after you are with the test, but AWA takes 2 weeks in the US and 4 outside due to the time it takes mail to reach you.

So, it takes them about 10 days to grade the essays and a few days to mail them out.

BB
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2003, 20:23
Thanks BB! So, the initial score that they post to you is not the 'official' score then? My concern is that I won't get the mailed-in results within the timeframe I had hoped to submit my application in by. I presume I can just list my posted score in its place?
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1983

Kudos [?]: 6413 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2003, 22:39
Expert's post
rdilawri wrote:
Thanks BB! So, the initial score that they post to you is not the 'official' score then? My concern is that I won't get the mailed-in results within the timeframe I had hoped to submit my application in by. I presume I can just list my posted score in its place?

The way the scores work (here is more exhaustive description: http://www.gmatclub.com/members/score_report/index.shtml
I have actually just re-wrote this document.)

Anyway, usually schools don't accept the scores from you; GMAC has to send them in to the University, so if you have requested for them to be sent, you can't really do anything, but if you did not do it, then you need to hurry and request your scores to be sent in. Usually schools have a place on the application they ask you to list your scores and percentiles, and you just list them there....

-=-
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?)   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2003, 22:39