Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT+ Sentence Correction

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT+ Sentence Correction [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2004, 15:45
Folks

Has anyone gone through GMAT+ sentence correction.
Is it good and , more importantly, are the answers provided are correct?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 01:19
GMAT plus is a bootlegged version of ETS GMAT tests. Whatever questions you see in Kaplan or any other books/courses are either cloned or copied verbatim. That said, you should watch out for typos, insertions, omissions and incorrect answers.

Lets look at the following question from GMATPLUS

Although many art patrons can readily differentiate a good debenture from an undesirable one, they are much less expert in distinguishing good paintings and poor ones, authentic art and fakes.

B. far less expert in distinguishing good paintings from poor ones, authentic art from
C. much less expert when it comes to distinguishing good paitings and poor ones, authentic art from
D. far less expert in distinguishing good paintings and poor ones, authentic art and
E. far less expert when it comes to distinguishing between good paiting, poor ones, authentic art, and

Given answer is B.

IMHO, the answer is wrong, and there are typos and omissions.

lets figure out the errors!
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 674 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 10:02
Zhung Gazi wrote:
GMAT plus is a bootlegged version of ETS GMAT tests. Whatever questions you see in Kaplan or any other books/courses are either cloned or copied verbatim. That said, you should watch out for typos, insertions, omissions and incorrect answers.

Lets look at the following question from GMATPLUS

Although many art patrons can readily differentiate a good debenture from an undesirable one, they are much less expert in distinguishing good paintings and poor ones, authentic art and fakes.

B. far less expert in distinguishing good paintings from poor ones, authentic art from
C. much less expert when it comes to distinguishing good paitings and poor ones, authentic art from
D. far less expert in distinguishing good paintings and poor ones, authentic art and
E. far less expert when it comes to distinguishing between good paiting, poor ones, authentic art, and

Given answer is B.

IMHO, the answer is wrong, and there are typos and omissions.

lets figure out the errors!

Unless i didnt understand the SC, the answer should indeed be B.

Distinguish X from Y is the correct idiom

IMO, Gmat+ is quite good, there might be some errors...but you can always post the controversial one's here...or ask a professor of english about them.

I have taken the GMAT , and i have found GMAT+ to be an invaluable tool for practice (especially the verbal section)

see what works for ya
praetorian
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 10:46
Besides understandability, I expect complement--than--for "less" in "far less" in gmat.

(cool = less warm, warm = less cool)
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 674 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 16:29
Zhung Gazi wrote:
Besides understandability, I expect complement--than--for "less" in "far less" in gmat.

(cool = less warm, warm = less cool)

less than ..what?

IMO, we should not look for a stereo type without checking if its really required.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 17:58
What does "far less" signify then?

I would rather prefer "much/still less"
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 19:10
"far less" means "considerably less"
Choice B is correct.

Best,
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2004, 19:44
much/still less = certainly not
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2004, 18:24
Although many art patrons can readily differentiate a good debenture from an undesirable one, they are far less .......

According to the context, it's ill-suited to place the idiom "much less or let alone" as a meaning of CERTAINLY NOT.
In this case the author desire to demonstrate that "though patrons know very well about debenture, they can but are not very good at discriminate both painting and genuine arts.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: GMAT+ Sentence Correction [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 09:14
Hi ,
Please help me with the following sentence. Is it correct to say-"The High Court’s rulings in the cases involving assisted suicides among college-going teens from single-parent families, which were overturned by the Supreme Court last month, have been re-instituted by a special interventionist order by the President."?
I read the explaination which says this is sentence is correct, as there is no VERB between WHICH and its ANTECEDENT (‘rulings’ in this case)….
But as far as i know WHICH qualifies the noun precedes it (families in this case)..
Please share your views on this and halp with this.
Re: GMAT+ Sentence Correction   [#permalink] 02 May 2013, 09:14