Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 11:37
So a few days ago I booked my GMAT retake date (25 July 2011) and while finishing up the payment I was informed that I need to consent to some sort of a survey (20-30 minutes long) and questions that I need to fill out after the exam but before the scores were shown (I think). They also specifically stated that if I take the effort to answer the questions I stand to receive some really cool goodies. I believe this is only between the months of July - Sep 2011.

Anyone know anything about this? :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9427 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 11:58
Expert's post
Yes, this is in preparation for the new section that will be released in 2012. They have been doing some sampling to help them with grading/preparing for the new section.

More here: gmat-test-prep-changes-on-the-way-in-99691.html

and here: when-to-take-gmat-98680.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 12:01
Awesome! Its nice to know that my inputs are going to make a (tiny tiny) contribution to how the GMAT will look in the future!

Do you have any ideas about what the goodies are? Are the goodies worth the wait? :-D
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 12:02
Expert's post
ra011y wrote:
Awesome! Its nice to know that my inputs are going to make a (tiny tiny) contribution to how the GMAT will look in the future!

Do you have any ideas about what the goodies are? Are the goodies worth the wait? :-D

Let me check :)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 20:42
Expert's post
I just heard back and the word is that they actually don't know - the goodies will be revealed in a few weeks. So.... I guess we will all just to wait. Bummer.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2011, 15:48
So for the sure this extra part will be at the end? I take my GMAT in a few days and I think it would suck to sit through 30 minutes of this and then 1 hour of AWA. Somebody please confirm. I remember reading about this but I'm not sure if its at beginning or end. Also, the goodies are you get $20 refund or, if you're real lucky, get full refund.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 04:30
They sent me the same thing. I hope these extra set of questions are going to appear at the end? In which case, do you guys really think you will have any motivation left to complete that set?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 12:01
Just received confirmation from the GMAC, the extra portion will begin AFTER THE EXAM.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 17

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 17:33
got an email recently - reward is $20 for completing the section and a "chance" at a full GMAT test refund.

see here:
july-to-aug-extra-integrated-section-reward-116250.html
Retired Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 33

Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies? [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 12:47
great offer..i wish i had known about this offer before i registered for the exam..i did not want to sit thru the survey,hence opted out of the survey.. :(
Re: Spend an extra 20 minutes after the GMAT and get goodies?   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2011, 12:47