Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 06:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT strategy Advice??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT strategy Advice?? [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2008, 07:39
to all GMAT GURUS!!

I just wanted to get some feedback from that GMAT Club community about my study plan and maybe hear what works for you and what I can improve on.

So the story is that this is my 2nd time studying for GMAT. I started end of 07 but got sidetracked and I basically lost all my GMAT mojo. I didn't end up writing the GMAT.

FF till now, I just start studying again. My study plan, historic and planned, is as follows:

Phase 1
- Read tactics in Kaplan Premier Program book.
- Complete all questions in the Premier Program book.
- Do 30 questions in the GMAT Supplementary Question guides (Purple for Verbal, Green for Quant)
- Write the Kaplan CAT as a diagnostic

Phase 2
- Finish remaining GMAT Supplementary Question Guides (Purple & Green)
- write the online GMAT CLUB exercises
- work on problem areas in the Kaplan 800 book
- Complete another CAT

Phase 3
- start and complete the OG11 GMAT book (Orange)

WRITE the GMAT!!

Any thoughts on this plan? I have finished studying Verbal and am now hitting Quants (via Green book). Any feedback/advice, however critical, is highly appreciated!!

any thoughts on study aids? MGMAT?

thanks in advance!!!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Simon '11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT strategy Advice?? [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2008, 09:47
DEFINITELY download the free software from the GMAC website and do those CATs at least once each if not more than once. They are exactly the same interface as you'll see on the test and are more accurate about how you'll actually score (though not 100 percent) The Kaplan CATs usually underestimate how you're doing and might demoralize you. (I couldn't break a 600 on those Kaplan tests and got a 760 on the real thing)

Check out some of the other posts for comparison... lots of high scores/good advice to be seen.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT strategy Advice?? [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2008, 18:32
Don't use a Kaplan test as a diagnostic. Everyone says they're a lot harder than the real GMAT and the scoring is way off. Take a GMATPrep or Princeton Review test instead.

The OG books are great and you'll get a lot out of them. I didn't use Kaplan at all because the reviews here were much better for PR, and I thought the PR strategies were very helpful.
Re: GMAT strategy Advice??   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2008, 18:32