Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 115
Location: NYC Baby!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2008, 05:28
Hello Everyone,

Ok Summer is almost here and its time to get this GMAT thing out of the way! I am looking for a serious, motivated study buddy in NYC/Brooklyn to study with 3-5 days a week. We can work on problems together or just be a support system for each other and meet up at a location and do self study. If you are interested, please send me a note.

I have alot of material and do not mind sharing.

So I started a yahoo group so that communication is shared amoungst all interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYC_GMAT_GROUP/

:) Nai

Last edited by Nitty on 12 May 2008, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 346
Location: Newport, RI
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2008, 09:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
Nitty,

For some reason I thought you were already enrolling at Darden so I was surprised to see your post. If you can't find anyone to study with, I'd recommend going and studying in the Stern or CBS lounge. It's great motivation and really gives you a feel for the type of students. (Of course not every day but weekends are nice to get out of a NYC apartment,)

Of course you'll need to bare the typical GMAT bs...
"Man, I was so sick when I took the GMAT and I scored a 730."
"Man, I didn't study at all and still got a 710."
"Man, I went drinking the night before and was still legally drunk but got a 760."
"Man, I took a break and when I returned to my computer half of my verbal time was up and got a 720."

I think I'll use this one when people start talking about war wounds...

"Man, I had to take my test in brail because all the computers were already taken."
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 210

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2008, 15:30
LOL navy +1 thats some funny stuff.

Nitty - hang around on the verbal and quant boards - most of us are going to take gmat soon and we can at least help around with tough problems and as a support system.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 2593
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2008, 04:59
Nitty wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Ok Summer is almost here and its time to get this GMAT thing out of the way! I am looking for a serious, motivated study buddy in NYC/Brooklyn to study with 3-5 days a week. We can work on problems together or just be a support system for each other and meet up at a location and do self study. If you are interested, please send me a note.

I have alot of material and do not mind sharing.

:) Nai


What score are you trying to get?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2008, 15:32
Nitty,

When do you plan to schedule/take the test? I would love a study partner. I live in Brooklyn and work downtown, but I'm flexible. Even if it's only 3 days a week.

My test is scheduled for June 28th. . .rescheduled from June 7th. So let me know. . .

Kim
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 115
Location: NYC Baby!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 06:55
navy01 wrote:
Nitty,

For some reason I thought you were already enrolling at Darden so I was surprised to see your post. If you can't find anyone to study with, I'd recommend going and studying in the Stern or CBS lounge. It's great motivation and really gives you a feel for the type of students. (Of course not every day but weekends are nice to get out of a NYC apartment,)

Of course you'll need to bare the typical GMAT bs...
"Man, I was so sick when I took the GMAT and I scored a 730."
"Man, I didn't study at all and still got a 710."
"Man, I went drinking the night before and was still legally drunk but got a 760."
"Man, I took a break and when I returned to my computer half of my verbal time was up and got a 720."

I think I'll use this one when people start talking about war wounds...

"Man, I had to take my test in brail because all the computers were already taken."


I will def consider that, thanks! But no, I am applying this year, I am aiming for Kellogg. I had to finish up some prereq, and I will be finish as of next week! I am ready to jump back in.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 115
Location: NYC Baby!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 06:58
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Nitty wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Ok Summer is almost here and its time to get this GMAT thing out of the way! I am looking for a serious, motivated study buddy in NYC/Brooklyn to study with 3-5 days a week. We can work on problems together or just be a support system for each other and meet up at a location and do self study. If you are interested, please send me a note.

I have alot of material and do not mind sharing.

:) Nai


What score are you trying to get?


I will be happy with a 630 or above. I come from the fashion industry as a brand manager, majored in design in school, so of course math is my weakness.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 115
Location: NYC Baby!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 07:00
humbled4real wrote:
Nitty,

When do you plan to schedule/take the test? I would love a study partner. I live in Brooklyn and work downtown, but I'm flexible. Even if it's only 3 days a week.

My test is scheduled for June 28th. . .rescheduled from June 7th. So let me know. . .

Kim



Hey Kim!

I plan to take it in 2-3 months. I have started a study group there is 6 of us now, we will meet today after work. Please feel free to meet up with us. We are all commited to at least 3 days a week. It can be self study or we can handle tough questions together. Today we are meeting just to discuss our action plan. Go to the link below for more info:

So I started a yahoo group so that communication is shared amoungst all interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYC_GMAT_GROUP/

This year is our year! LOL Lets get this GMAT out of the way early!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Single
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 15:26
Hi Nitty,

I am from Jersey City, downtown. I want some serious study group.. I am preparing from quite some time now.. Good in quants... Have to improve in Verbal.. If you are willing for combines studies please let me know. I am taking gmat on May 5, 2012...
_________________

BrainHub

Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only!   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2012, 15:26
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Gmat Study buddy / Group in NYC / Long Island drashid 0 26 Jul 2013, 13:27
NYC Study Buddies ahmedcheema 1 08 Mar 2012, 08:18
Gmat study partners in nyc newHorizons 0 25 Apr 2011, 08:00
GMAT Study Buddy in NYC/Brooklyn?? Serious Only! Nitty 1 06 May 2008, 05:29
Looking for a GMAT Study Buddy in Chicago friedt0fu 0 06 Nov 2006, 11:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.