Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat Study Game Plan for First Timers!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Gmat Study Game Plan for First Timers!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2004, 15:28
I bought the followng books for my studies and want to know if this is a good strategy going forward. I also plan to review the books in this order.

1. Arco Gre Gmat Math Review (Gre Gmat Math Review, 5th ed). 2000 Edition.
2. Kaplan GRE & GMAT Exams Math Workbook : Fourth Edition (Kaplan Gre and Gmat Exams Math Workbook)
3. Kaplan GMAT 2005 with CD-ROM (Kaplan Gmat)
4. Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook, Second Edition
5. The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 10th Edition

I did most of my research starting with Amazon.com and then here at the GMAT club. I heard amazing stories about the Arco math review as it gets one up to speed on the basics fast. I'm almost done with this book and can say it has done wonders so far helping me remember all the old high school math that I forgot. I also read on Amazon.com that the Kaplan Math review helps out tremendously. But it is hard unless you know the basics, which the Arco review helps. I also bought the full 2005 book with CD to go over and verbal book. Once I'm done with these books, I plan to take the Kaplan tests. Hopefully I will do good.

After all the Kaplan material is finished, I plan to do the entire OG. I heard that it is better to take the Power Prep tests before, since the book incorporates the same questions. I think I will save them for later though.

I want to take at least 3 more tests but want to know where to buy them. Can I buy online tests from other Vendors?

I'm writing this post for anybody that just started studying like me and that wants to do really good on the test. I hope that this can be the start of a big post. It would be great to hear from people that already took the test so that they can tell me or others if we are on the right study path.

I hope to hear from all of you!!! Good luck on your studying.

P.S. I plan on taking the test sometime in March or April 2005.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2004, 22:06
hi, welcome to the forum !!!

gmatclub.com is a unique community of test takers and scholars from all around the world sharing their GMAT experience. everybody contributes with his or hers experiences/strategies/comments etc - thats the thing that makes this forum so great. anyway to anwer you quesiton - yest there are a lot of first timers out there who will take their first GMAT in Q1 of 2005. i am planning on doing it in late april or early may. i am targeting a high score 700 + and i have all books that you mentioned. i also bought princeton review's cracking the gmat 2005 + cd and the 2 workbooks from amazon.com ; i read great reviews about the products offered from princeton review. i am considering buying the arco math workbook as well. I started with kaplan and i am continuing with the OG next month, after that PR, ARCo and so on. until i ran out of books and materials to work. as far as online test go, there are some on this website , also check out some auctions on ebay, sometimes they have official tests from ets for $10 or less for 9-10 of them [these tests usually retail for about $25 for 3, you can see the savings on ebay] ; try problems on this forum, they can be a great practice tool, also some of the advice you'll get here you cant get in any book - some of these guys here are just genius; try also old paperbased tests from old editions, but remember to factor the time difference in the old format and convert it to the new CAT format which is 2.5 hrs not 3 as it was on the old paperbased. hope that helps, good luck with your prep. :)
  [#permalink] 12 Dec 2004, 22:06