Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Other (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]
This is such a valuable GMAT study plan for all those who are doing this course. If these steps are applied, passing the test won’t be hard at all.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi BB,

I have just joined GMAT club and I must say you have done a great job by creating this forum. Its so very helpful. The above GMAT study plan is also very good.

Unfortunately I don't think I can follow this study plan because my exam is on 23rd march. It's a retake. In my first attempt I got 480 :(

Could you suggest me a study plan and material so that I can atleast get a minimum of 50 points rise :| or a more realistic rise in scores?

Let me know if you need to know anything more about me that will help you to suggest me a study plan.

Thanks in advance.

-Sincerely,
desperate to improve my GMAT scores !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.55
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hi BB,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I'm planning on taking the GMAT around june/july 2015 and would like an idea on what courses offer the best guides for studying.

I took a practice exam and scored Q40 and V30. I'm a little weak on the verbal side and not as strong as I wanted to be on the quantitative side. I'm looking to try and obtain a Q50/51 and a V40+ in order to get into my target schools.

I checked out MGMAT prep and Veritas prep, which one would you prefer?

Thanks,
Tri Nguyen
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
tringuyen0243 wrote:
Hi BB,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I'm planning on taking the GMAT around june/july 2015 and would like an idea on what courses offer the best guides for studying.

I took a practice exam and scored Q40 and V30. I'm a little weak on the verbal side and not as strong as I wanted to be on the quantitative side. I'm looking to try and obtain a Q50/51 and a V40+ in order to get into my target schools.

Thanks,
Tri Nguyen

This is where I am right now as well. I plan on taking it in the next 3 months and am not sure If I want to take MGMAT Interact, MGMAT Online or Veritas online. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-09-2015
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I am a new member here. I am giving myself 4 months to prepare for the GMAT and I have currently developed a 3 month study plan. I have not scheduled a test yet but I want to tentatively take it on July 9th. I will really take into account how I am progressing as I move forward in my studies to decide whether I will take the test earlier than my tentative date. That being said I have developed the attached study plan. By the end of month 1 I need to be 100% confident I can move on from Quant to Verbal as I feel Quant is my weakest point which is why I have left a little room to play with it as I move along. If all goes well in Month 1 then by the end of month 3 I might schedule my test for early June.

My goal is a 750. I have not included any materials yet. I plan on getting all my materials in February so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments

File comment: Work in Progress
GMAT 3 Month Study Schedule.xlsx [16.45 KiB]
Downloaded 75 times

Manager
Manager
Send PM
tringuyen0243 wrote:

Thanks,
Tri Nguyen

Hi Tri Nguyen,

To decide on which course and coaching center to join, the best way is to visit some of the coaching centers close to your home and interact with their expert counselors. Ask all your questions and try to understand if your queries are being addressed well. To understand better, take a mock test with them and discuss your performance in detail with the faculty there.

For Manya Abroad - The Princeton Review GMAT courses, you can visit on the link below:

https://www.manyagroup.com/princeton-review-gmat-course

It would be best if you start reading articles, science journals , business tabloids and read them online and figure out for yourself if you can understand the language and the main idea present in the passage. This would be a better way to tackle vocabulary on the GMAT and improve your verbal score.
https://www.manyagroup.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vanessalinares wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am a new member here. I am giving myself 4 months to prepare for the GMAT and I have currently developed a 3 month study plan. I have not scheduled a test yet but I want to tentatively take it on July 9th. I will really take into account how I am progressing as I move forward in my studies to decide whether I will take the test earlier than my tentative date. That being said I have developed the attached study plan. By the end of month 1 I need to be 100% confident I can move on from Quant to Verbal as I feel Quant is my weakest point which is why I have left a little room to play with it as I move along. If all goes well in Month 1 then by the end of month 3 I might schedule my test for early June.

My goal is a 750. I have not included any materials yet. I plan on getting all my materials in February so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Hi vanessalinares,

To improve on your quant I would advise you to study one topic at a time and solve all the questions related to it in a one go.Do prepare some notes of the formulas and numbers.Prepare all the topics in this manner.Once completed start solving only the quant section from the GMAT practice tests.Once you are able to score well, start solving the section setting time limits.Practicing this way will definitely pull up your quant score.

To understand the role of study material in your exam scores you can refer to our blog on the below link.These blogs will help you in your GMAT preparation a lot.

https://blog.manyagroup.com/detail.html?authorid=59

To refer to our all the blogs click here:

https://blog.manyagroup.com/index.html?url=Tips-Info

Hope this helps.Let us know if you require any further guidance regarding your GMAT preparation.
www.manyagroup.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pathfinder2014 wrote:
I have just joined GMAT club and I must say you have done a great job by creating this forum. Its so very helpful. The above GMAT study plan is also very good.

Unfortunately I don't think I can follow this study plan because my exam is on 23rd march. It's a retake. In my first attempt I got 480 :(

Could you suggest me a study plan and material so that I can atleast get a minimum of 50 points rise :| or a more realistic rise in scores?

Let me know if you need to know anything more about me that will help you to suggest me a study plan.

Thanks in advance.

-Sincerely,
desperate to improve my GMAT scores !!!

Hi pathfinder2014,

As you are retaking your GMAT, we are assuming that you are thorough with your basics.We would advise you to take as many practice tests as possible.However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analyzing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important.

Also keep reading our blogs at the link below.This will be helpful for your GMAT preparation.

Let us know if you have any further queries regarding your GMAT preparation.
https://www.manyagroup.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All,

I am in Bangalore, India. I want to sell my used 3 month old Manhattan GMAT Series + Foundations of Math and Verbal books. In total there are 12 books and all are 5th edition. The price is negotiable. Interested buyers please send me a PM or reply in this post.

P.S - The complete list of books

GMAT Roadmap
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents GMAT Strategy Guide
Algebra GMAT Strategy Guide
Word Problems GMAT Strategy Guide
Geometry GMAT Strategy Guide
Number Properties GMAT Strategy Guide
Critical Reasoning GMAT Strategy Guide
Reading Comprehension GMAT Strategy Guide
Sentence Correction GMAT Strategy Guide
Integrated Reasoning & Essay GMAT Strategy Guide
Foundations of Math
Foundations of Verbal

Apologies if this is considered as spam!

Regards,
Newfish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am new here and this post is helpful to me because lots of information I get from here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am intrested in buying. My contact number is 9442798124.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey there GMAT Club users,

I have taken my first test this previous December and scored pretty low. I registered for the Economist prep in January to relearn my foundations and scored mid 600's. I am now stuck wondering how I can pursue with my study plan to break the 700+ score. The study assets that I have available are as follows:

MGMAT strategy guides and 4 CATs(also question banks for each guide)
Magoosh (Have taken both CATs and 99% of question bank, would have to reset)
Economist Prep(80% of course complete, in maintenance mode currently answering timed practice questions. Also have 3 more CATs, 5+ live tutoring sessions left, and 5 AWA prompts to be submitted for review)
GMAT Club tests ( Just recently bought with 1000+ questions)

How can I effectively use the study assets above to break the 700+ score level? I believe my foundations are strong and I know my weak areas (percentages, parts problems, number properties, I really need to start keeping an error log though). I can allocate two months of study so I'm not rushed. My last CAT was a 640 from economist with Q48 V31. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am New to Gmat and have like 0 experience. I started learning for GMAT this weekend. I am pretty good when it comes to Math but I couldnt answer many of the OG questions on my own. Nevertheless after seeing the answers I can fully understand the Logic behind it. Now to my questions I have 3 weeks for the Exam.
I can study fulltime 5 Times a week.
I got all the MGMAT Books of 2013 and the OG 2013.
Shall I do One MGMAT Book after another and answer the OG questions recommended at the end of the MGMAT Books? Or is more Material needed?
I need like 650.
also which Books shall I Focus the most out of the MGMAT Books (verbal and Quant) ?
My weakness is geometry but I dont want to waste time on that alot because I hate that topic.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi, i know this is kind of stupid question but i am an working professional. I get very little time over the week. Weekends are fine. is there any suggestions or link to study plans which i can follow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Hello,

I understand there is no negative marking in GMAT. Kindly help to know which strategy is best when u don't know the answer:

* Leave the question unattended
* Make a guess

Waiting for response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I spent a month to prepare for the exam (working full time, spent most of the time on studying at the weekends), one month is not going to be enough to get a good score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Partha528113 wrote:
Hi, i know this is kind of stupid question but i am an working professional. I get very little time over the week. Weekends are fine. is there any suggestions or link to study plans which i can follow.

Hi Partha,

we would advice you to follow the below steps

1. Start with a mock test. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas
2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums like pagalguy to seek out the best in the market
3. Joining a coaching institute is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well
4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours
5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score
6. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important

To know more about the effective GMAT test taking strategies, best books to refer for your GMAT preparation and other important information, you can read here

Hope the above information helps. In case, you have any further queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help.
www.manyagroup.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  42