Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT - Take 1!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 172 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT - Take 1! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 10:31
Hi,

Today I took my test at Hyderabad center (5p.m. slot). I reached early to test center, so was able to take the test at 4:30pm. Finished of with AWA section comfortably. But, I was stuck in quant section on 2 question, first one between 1-10, second between 10-15, and in total these two question took more than 10mins. Still I was able to complete the test on time.
Then came the verbal section, initial few questions were easy but gradually the test was becoming tougher for me.

and finally I scored 640 (Q51, V27) in my first attempt.

Following are few of the scores from MGMAT & GMAT Prep tests:
Manhattan
670(Q50, V33)
640(Q51, V29)

GMAT Prep
690(Q51, V33)

My weak point verbal (obvious). Any suggestion?

I want to apply to Stern, Kellogg, UCLA, ISB

I have completed my graduation from IIT Roorkee (2008), with GPA of 6.6/10.0, having work ex of 3 years in core industry and 1 year work ex as SAP functional consultant. Please comment.

Thanks,

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 603 [0], given: 114

Re: GMAT - Take 1! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 12:19
Well first, congrats on the 640! Very respectible, and many people out there would LOVE to have that Q51. Bschools love people that have strong quant skills. So congrats. For verbal, this can be challenging to increase. My advice is to check out our ultimate verbal study plan: study-plan-for-verbal-gmat-98342.html You really don't have to spend much more time on Quant at all. My advice is dedicate yourself 95% to verbal, and throw in some quant here and there to keep your quant skills strong. If you can bring that Verbal up, you will be on top of the world. But you truly have to dedicate. Most people that are as strong as you in quant, and weak in verbal, find it tough to motivate themselves to study verbal b/c quant is more fun b/c you are good at it. At this point though, you have mastered the quant, so you MUST dedicate yourself to verbal or you will never reach the score needed for the schools you are applying to. You should shoot for a 700+ at all the schools you are applying to. And honestly, with a Q51, you are well on your way.

Congrats!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 172 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT - Take 1! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 17:51
GMATLA wrote:
Well first, congrats on the 640! Very respectible, and many people out there would LOVE to have that Q51. Bschools love people that have strong quant skills. So congrats. For verbal, this can be challenging to increase. My advice is to check out our ultimate verbal study plan: study-plan-for-verbal-gmat-98342.html You really don't have to spend much more time on Quant at all. My advice is dedicate yourself 95% to verbal, and throw in some quant here and there to keep your quant skills strong. If you can bring that Verbal up, you will be on top of the world. But you truly have to dedicate. Most people that are as strong as you in quant, and weak in verbal, find it tough to motivate themselves to study verbal b/c quant is more fun b/c you are good at it. At this point though, you have mastered the quant, so you MUST dedicate yourself to verbal or you will never reach the score needed for the schools you are applying to. You should shoot for a 700+ at all the schools you are applying to. And honestly, with a Q51, you are well on your way.

Congrats!

Hi GMATLA,

Thanks for your advice...

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Re: GMAT - Take 1!   [#permalink] 30 May 2012, 17:51