Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 15:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT test [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 06:12
Hi! My name is Valentina. I am going to take Gmat in 3 weeks. I did a diagnostic test and my score is 590. I need to get 620. What materials could you advice me. Please!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 2422 [0], given: 693

Re: GMAT test [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 08:54
Expert's post
Hi Valentina, welcome to gmatclub

Is is a bit complicated to answer to your question knowing nothing between the split quant/verbal. Moreover in 3 weeks is possible to improve but it depends on your strenghts and weakness.

Let us know

regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 229 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT test [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2014, 15:14
Expert's post
That's not too difficult to do. The biggest thing is to make sure that you don't drag your score down through poor time management or an overwhelming stress response. Make sure that you continue to take practice tests (about 1 a week at this point), and treat these tests exactly like the real thing. Do the essay and IR section, time your breaks strictly, don't pause, etc.

In addition, I'd recommend finding a few places to make improvements. For instance, if some element of the test is new and confusing to you--say, Data Sufficiency or Critical Reasoning--spend some time reading up on that particular element. If there are math rules you've forgotten (factoring quadratics, geometry formulas, etc.), do a little memorizing. Many people find that they can get a nice improvement by learning to plug in numbers on math problems in lieu of algebra, but only do this if you really have time to practice this technique. Anything new like that is likely to bring your score down for a while before it brings it up. On this short time frame, you really don't want to adopt any techniques that require you to fundamentally change your habits.

Of course, it helps to work through the Official Guide and do some representative problems, but make sure you're timing yourself strictly and then reviewing thoroughly for understanding.

Good luck!

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: GMAT test   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2014, 15:14