Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Test Dates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8408 [1] , given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 09:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

GMAT Test Dates

I am often asked about GMAT test dates and what dates GMAT is available in 2010 or 2011 - GMAT is an adaptive computer-based test that is administered can be taken any time! In contrast to LSAT or CFA or other tests, GMAT is administered all year round; to take it, you just need to register on www.mba.com, pay $250 fee and off you go - often you can get a spot within a few days but some dates you may have to book in advance (October, November, December, and January) when a lot of applicants are taking or retaking the GMAT.

What Is the Best Date to Take the GMAT Test?
Usually, the best gmat test date is at least a month before the application date or business school deadline (the earlier the better actually). You want to have at least a month so that you could retake the GMAT just in case your score is not good enough. Official GMAT Policy allows taking the GMAT 5 times a year but at least 31 days apart. For example if one of your GMAT test dates was June 10th, you cannot take the GMAT again until July 12th (must be 31 days apart). So, if you took the test on June 10th and your business school deadline is July 1st, you won't have enough time to retake.

How Far in Advance Must I set my GMAT Test Dates?
First of all, you should verify this. However, most schools will allow you to submit your application as long as you took the GMAT before the deadline. For example, if your application is due midnight of July 1st (23:59 on July 1st is the last minute to submit), your GMAT date can be as late as July 1st. Usually it takes 2 weeks for the electronic score record to show up at school (due to AWA grading) but as long as your scores match, your application will be considered valid

Can I cancel or reschedule my GMAT Appointment?
You can change your test date but there is a penalty involved. You will lose $50 to cancel a week out or the entire $250 if your test date is less than a week away. If you apply for a refund more than 7 days out, you will get $80 back or if applied within 7 days of your GMAT test date, you will get nothing. Thus within the 7-day period, it is usually recommended to take the test even if you are sick, not feeling well, etc.

When I get the results from the GMAT?
After the test is over, you will presented with a confirmation screen with your test scores; at check out, you will receive a printout confirmation (unofficial score report). About 1-3 weeks after your test date, you will get your official score either in the mail or online (depending on how you chose to receive it). The unofficial and official scores will be the same and are always the same; the only difference is that your official score will contain your AWA score as well.

If anyone has any other questions about GMAT test dates, please post them here.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 136

Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 23:10
bb,
I am planning to get enrolled in a business school in 2014 instead of 2013. However, I am still planning to sit for GMAT in early 2012 (before June).
Am I taking the test too early? Will your reply be different if you also consider the new integrated reasoning part to be included in GMAT from June 2012?
Please, advise.
Thank you.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8408 [0], given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 23:44
Expert's post
I think you are looking for this thread: will-missing-integrated-reasoning-score-look-bad-124581.html

Most people suggest to take it BEFORE the change (mostly due to lack of clarity about IR - GMAC has not released much except some practice questions)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 02:29
Hai,
My name is varalakshmi, i am preparing for Gmat exam.Actually iam Botany Lecturer so i have a doubt am i get 700+ in Gmat ? please advice me suggest best Gmat books for me.
My life ambition is to do MBA in ISB.please please help me i can do any hard work to read.
Thank you.
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 562

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 01:31
varalaxmi wrote:
Hai,
My name is varalakshmi, i am preparing for Gmat exam.Actually iam Botany Lecturer so i have a doubt am i get 700+ in Gmat ? please advice me suggest best Gmat books for me.
My life ambition is to do MBA in ISB.please please help me i can do any hard work to read.
Thank you.

Hi Varalaxmi,
Since you are a woman and don't belong to the typical IT industry, you stand a good chance to get into ISB even if you do not have 700. :) Its true.
GMAT is one aspect of the application that's looked into. Work Experience, Extra curriculars, CSR work, etc also matter.

Best would be to go thru the diagnostic test in the OG and practise a few questions from all the areas in Verbal and Quant that are tested. Then download the gmat prep software from mba.com and take a mock test. You would know your base level and you would know much you need to prepare to reach your target score. :)

Hope this helps. If it does, please press kudos ( on the left below my handle 'Sachin9') ) :)
Please ask if you need any clarification or if you have any doubt whatsoever.

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 15:24
I plan to give my gmat exam approximately in the2nd week of july. But the problem is i dont know what schools to apply for. I plan to apply to schools that start in jan 2014. Can someone also tel me when should i register for the test dates?
Also, I am from India and I plan to give my gmat in chicago, since i am now staying here with my dad.

Thanks much.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Test Dates [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2014, 07:07
Hi BB ,

Does changing your GMAT date reflect on your report ? If so , is it really advisable in terms of raising more questions in the possible future interviews .

Kind regards ,
Prateek
Re: GMAT Test Dates   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2014, 07:07