Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 375 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 11:40
seluka wrote:
Ok. got confirmation mail from GMAC

"The break time changed this past year. You are now offered two 8 minute
breaks during your exam. Can you please send me the link to where it says
10 minutes, so we can make the necessary update."

I have not received a response from the GMAC yet...

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7606 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 11:51
Expert's post
seluka wrote:
Ok. got confirmation mail from GMAC

"The break time changed this past year. You are now offered two 8 minute
breaks during your exam. Can you please send me the link to where it says
10 minutes, so we can make the necessary update."

How did you contact GMAC? Email or web form?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 12:08
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7606 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 02:11
Expert's post
Also here is a video tour of a typical test center along with description of the procedures by GMAC:
video-tour-of-the-gmat-testing-center-very-interesting-90032.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 16:04
So here was my experience taking the GMAT last week. I paid for 2 months of tutoring through Princeton Review, and not once during my tutoring sessions was I informed that watches were not allowed. In fact, I was encouraged to wear just a regular watch *nothing fancy* to my test to help me keep time. Nowhere on the mba website (other than a small link to a bulletin posted I don't know when) states that watches are not allowed. I went to take my test and due to nerves I barely read through the guidelines provided to me at the beginning of the test, I just signed, and went in to take the test. When I got to the proctor, clearly he saw that I was wearing a watch. He didn't mention anything to me about this. So I went in and wrote my two essays, not once even bothering to glance at my watch. I raise my hand for my break after the essays were complete, and a new proctor, a nasty old woman, comes over to me, and as I get up to leave she says to me "Why are you wearing a watch? You are not allowed to wear a watch". So, I told her that no one had told me I couldn't wear one, and that it was evident to the previous proctor that I had a watch one when I entered the testing room. Regardless, I finished my test without a watch on, because I took it off as soon as she told me to. I did poorly on my test, only receiving a 500, so I planned on taking it again. So this morning I receive an e-mail from GMAC security saying that my test scores were CANCELLED because I wore a watch. I spoke to the superiors at Princeton Review, and many other people, and they cannot understand why this happened. They said that this is unheard of. I am so frustrated with this. GMAC has made me feel like I am a huge cheater for wearing my watch when no one told me I couldn't. GMAC has footage of me taking my test, and of me never looking at my watch, and of me taking my watch off when I was told. I just think it is so unfortunate that this is how they resort to getting more money out of someone. I didn't even get a worthy score. Had I received a 600, then perhaps I would have understood. But I am just appalled, I find this so ridiculous. Anyways, I just needed to rant because I am so upset over this. Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2010, 19:24
I would add that when you get there, there is a long process to check security (photo, palm print, etc.) and there might be a lot of people ahead of you, so be prepared for that.

Also, check the pens are working before you go in, see if they will give you two.

If you liked my post, please consider thanking me with Kudos! I really appreciate it! :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 08:55
Where did you keep the laminated pad while you worked? Was there room to put it on the desk or did you have to keep it in your lap the whole time?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 12:45
MLF44 wrote:
Where did you keep the laminated pad while you worked? Was there room to put it on the desk or did you have to keep it in your lap the whole time?

My testing center looked exactly like the pictures on the previous page, and there was more than enough room to comfortably use the exam booklet on the desk. Be sure to buy and use an exam booklet during your prep so that you are used to it. It really is quite a bit different than using pen and paper.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 11-15-2011
GPA: 3.33
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 38

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 18:19
great post!!!!! thanks for sharing the pic
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 08:24
Sorry if this is necro'ing a post. I wanted to know, do all GMAT test centers offer headphones or earplugs? I read some advice posts to buy your own earplugs.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 559 [0], given: 114

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 13:03
My advice is to atleast bring your own, and ASK if you can use them. If they say no, then they will have to provide you with some type of noise cancelation. I have heard that all test ceners provide you with either ear plugs or ear phones.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Re: GMAT Testing Center Physical Environment   [#permalink] 24 May 2012, 13:03