Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 203 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions [#permalink]
Hey BB, Is there any plan to integrate this with the GMAT Toolkit app? I practice a lot using the app, and it'd be great if my performance there was used to drive my personalized questions as well as GMAT Score predictor.

Right now, its not the best experience to have to login on a PC and take some questions on the forum just to get better recommendations when i've spent all day solving questions on gmat toolkit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
For last one week I have been practicing verbal mostly the questions are answered correctly (80% accuracy) but my score fell from 37 to 31? Is this an anamoly? Wonder how the GMAT score estimate thing works!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
anilisanil wrote:
For last one week I have been practicing verbal mostly the questions are answered correctly (80% accuracy) but my score fell from 37 to 31? Is this an anamoly? Wonder how the GMAT score estimate thing works!

Thank you for your question. It depends on a few things including the difficulty of questions you have attempted as well as the amount of time you took to answer them.
E.g. taking 10 mins to answer a medium question is going to result in fewer "points" than answering an easier one fast, or taking 10 mins to answer a hard one....

Best Regards,
BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
bb wrote:
anilisanil wrote:

Thank you for your question. It depends on a few things including the difficulty of questions you have attempted as well as the amount of time you took to answer them.
E.g. taking 10 mins to answer a medium question is going to result in fewer "points" than answering an easier one fast, or taking 10 mins to answer a hard one....

Best Regards,
BB

Hi, not sure if that's the case with me. Just attaching the screenshot and I am mostly given the 700 level questions. But I did some very easy questions too.
Attachments

Screenshot_2015-09-07-22-11-23~2.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-07-22-11-23~2.jpg [ 88.22 KiB | Viewed 4173 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for posting a screenshot!
We can definitely have someone look into it and why your score got reduced. I am curious now too, so will send a request to the Tech Team to see what they can pull up.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V19
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

In daily practice questions I am getting 600-700 Level Questions (45% difficulty) everyday. My accuracy rate is 83% (mixed bag of 700+ and 600-700 level questions). In my last GMAT exam, I got Q49.

However, my score is consistent since 7 days (i.e. 42). Am I seeing this deflated score because I don't use timer?

See the screenshot attached.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rohitmanglik wrote:
Hi,

In daily practice questions I am getting 600-700 Level Questions (45% difficulty) everyday. My accuracy rate is 83% (mixed bag of 700+ and 600-700 level questions). In my last GMAT exam, I got Q49.

However, my score is consistent since 7 days (i.e. 42). Am I seeing this deflated score because I don't use timer?

See the screenshot attached.

If I am reading it correctly, looks like your average time to respond is 0:01 seconds... which will not be recognized by the timer as a valid time, so it is being ignored and only the questions that have a long enough and realistic approach are counted/included in your score estimate. We do take time into consideration of your score and that allows us to only have 10 questions vs. 37 for Q.

You need to use the timer properly (start it when you start the question) to get accurate results.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V19
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
A few suggestions:

1) Can we have a filter to only trusted source of questions in Personalized Daily Practice? OAs of Many questions at high difficulty level are easily refuted by Experts, substantially decreasing the score.

Might be in your algorithm to generate questions you can give some preference to trusted source questions (might be only Official) before you show problems of other sources.

2) Also, many a times one of the questions is a solved question. Can we have a filter for that as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Other, Other
Send PM
I wouldn't call them hardest.
Some of them are poor quality "home brews".

Some people should not be allowed to post or there should be better moderating process of the self made questions :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
maipenrai wrote:
I wouldn't call them hardest.
Some of them are poor quality "home brews".

Some people should not be allowed to post or there should be better moderating process of the self made questions :)

Thank you for the feedback! Yes, if a question is bizzare and wrong, it may be ranked as hardest - that's something we, moderators, need to do fix and do.
If you run into a question like that, please bring it up by either flagging it, posting a message or better, PM' ing a link to either Bunuel or I.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 497
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
Send PM
Kudos
I have answered about 60 qns, 15 in each category but i can't see my verbal and quant estimate score yet.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 832 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Send PM
How many attempted questions(with timer) the system considers for score estimate? If I have taken 26 questions for DS, PS, CR, and SC each, does the system consider all of the 26 questions of each segment or consider only the last 6 questions of each segment for score estimate?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
All questions are taken into consideration. The more questions you have in your history the more accurate is the prediction. There is a cut off however but it's based on one or two months of data so if you have taken some questions month ago they won't count.

Posted from my mobile device
An wonderful initiative bb. Thanks a lot.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [2]
Send PM
Kudos