Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [624]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [255]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2260 [8]
Given Kudos: 276
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard, Columbia, Stern, Booth, LSB,
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [4]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
avinashrao9 wrote:
Hi bb,

Thanks for the wonderful initiative... :-D
Is there a way to delete all the questions attempted in the workbook and start afresh?

Previously, I had the option to alter the workbook but now cannot :(

Thanks! Would you mind sharing why you would want to clear it?
P.S. You can limit what is shown to you by setting the dates/filters in terms of reviewing the questions/etc.

Let me know if anything else or any other features.
Best Regards,
BB.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [3]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hands down :)
bb & GC team- the best GMAT forum till date.....way to go Sir!

So, it's kind of adaptive mechanism implemented here...just awesome. More aligned to GMAT...+1 from me.

@ fametop- agree with you dude!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
zazoz wrote:

This not how it works for me; When I complete the suggested questions for PS, they all turn to grey, and after a while new set of question again in PS. Since the first day of this amazing capability, I just recieved PS and CR questions, although I have completed them about three times.

Thank you - let me check on this.

Best Regards,
BB
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Wow, Awesome BB, Great initiative :-D

Kudos +1
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
avinashrao9 wrote:
Hi bb,

Thanks for the wonderful initiative... :-D
Is there a way to delete all the questions attempted in the workbook and start afresh?

Previously, I had the option to alter the workbook but now cannot :(

We will return the EDIT Workbook functionality, however, deleting your practice from the workbook will not have an impact on your rating/recommendations. E.g. you won't be able to delete your poor results to boost your rating. The rating and the Workbook are a different set of data and are independent. Just FYI.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you. I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that anyone did or you did specifically. It was rather a statement to anyone curious how the recommendations happen. Which I don't know if that's good or bad since nobody will see your results and if one wanted to skew them one way or another, then why not.... sure. Though the usefulness of the tool would go down.

P.S. Once you have have taken about 10 questions in each subforum, you will get a GMAT score estimate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
zazoz wrote:
Hi bb,

sorry to ask an another question. My workbook just shows me the recommended question for PS and CR. Where can I find another suggested questions for other sections like DS and SC and RC?

The questions rotate. One day you get ps and cr and the following day it is DS and SC.

The weekend is time off so the next recommendation will be on Monday.

There is no RC recommendations since it is pretty darn hard to measure the RC timing performance and difficulty.

Thank you for the questions!

Posted from my mobile device.

This not how it works for me; When I complete the suggested questions for PS, they all turn to grey, and after a while new set of question again in PS. Since the first day of this amazing capability, I just recieved PS and CR questions, although I have completed them about three times.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
LPN wrote:
Does the algorithm giving the personalised score take into account the difficulty of questions that we answer?

It takes into account, difficulty, speed, and number of questions, so the answer is - Yes.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kconfused wrote:
Is the difficulty level of the questions I receive personalized? Say, I continuously fail solving 700+ level questions for a couple days, do I start receiving simpler questions until the engine feels that I'm ready to face tougher questions again?
And how accurate are the score predictions? In the sense, if this was my performance on real GMAT, will the scores be comparable? At least in the same range.
Thanks

Unless your workbook says that the questions are average/medium difficulty, then yes, they are personalized. You receive several questions that are "your" difficulty level, 1 easier, and 1 harder.

As to the score, it is not going to be the exact estimate since it is based on short practice of just a few questions per day as opposed to a 3 hour test that include taking 78 questions in high-stress environment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Kudos
kvazar wrote:
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Thanks for the suggestion, kudos to you.

I coudnt understand point 2, also regarding point 3 why would you want to check other users bookmark, to check a importance of a topic we have KUDOS.

Point 4 can you be more detailed on what things you are looking for in an analysis?

You can also post your suggestions here suggestions-announcements-support-5/
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
You are being compared to a sample of test takers who have taken these questions and a number of them probably had issues with verbal, and thus most likely your V score is inflated. Similarly, many here have a very high Q score, which will lower your score. Our system works based on percentiles (it determines where you fit in terms of speed of your answers and correctness and that determines your overall score). Then you are ranked in terms of percentiles, and it does favor people with more questions (not proportionately though, you can still be beated by a guy who answered only 50 questions, but we do not allow a guy who answered 10 correctly beat someone who answered 90 out of 100 if that makes sense.

I would take this as a helpful guideline, but it by no means an accurate predictor of your score since the test conditions are not simulated and you are compared to others as opposed to a gold standard of some sorts.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rohitmanglik wrote:
Hi,

In daily practice questions I am getting 600-700 Level Questions (45% difficulty) everyday. My accuracy rate is 83% (mixed bag of 700+ and 600-700 level questions). In my last GMAT exam, I got Q49.

However, my score is consistent since 7 days (i.e. 42). Am I seeing this deflated score because I don't use timer?

See the screenshot attached.

If I am reading it correctly, looks like your average time to respond is 0:01 seconds... which will not be recognized by the timer as a valid time, so it is being ignored and only the questions that have a long enough and realistic approach are counted/included in your score estimate. We do take time into consideration of your score and that allows us to only have 10 questions vs. 37 for Q.

You need to use the timer properly (start it when you start the question) to get accurate results.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V19
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
A few suggestions:

1) Can we have a filter to only trusted source of questions in Personalized Daily Practice? OAs of Many questions at high difficulty level are easily refuted by Experts, substantially decreasing the score.

Might be in your algorithm to generate questions you can give some preference to trusted source questions (might be only Official) before you show problems of other sources.

2) Also, many a times one of the questions is a solved question. Can we have a filter for that as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 497
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
Send PM
Kudos
I have answered about 60 qns, 15 in each category but i can't see my verbal and quant estimate score yet.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
All questions are taken into consideration. The more questions you have in your history the more accurate is the prediction. There is a cut off however but it's based on one or two months of data so if you have taken some questions month ago they won't count.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Send PM
Kudos