Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Apr 2015, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT TODAY

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 132

Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT TODAY [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2015, 14:18
Hi, I did my gmat test today and during my verbal test I faced 2 boldface questions one was in the biginnig #5 and the other was #38 so I was so happy that I can get high score in verbal section however,my verbal score was 16 and my score was 450 :( :( I do not understand what happen.Also, I always face diffuclty in verbal section because I am non-english speaker and I have been just three years in Canada for learing english :cry: :cry:
I need advice How I can overcome verbal section where I have been 6 months praper for this section and I do all the gmatprep question that I found in gmat club but I still faced the diffuclty with the time please help me :cry:

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 465 [0], given: 36

Re: GMAT TODAY [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2015, 15:16
Expert's post
Hi 23a2012,

Just because you saw two Bolded Statement questions does NOT necessarily mean that you're performing at a particular "level." Those questions could have been 'experimental' (meaning that they did not count) or they could have been low-level Bolded Statement questions.

I'll be happy to offer you some specific advice, if you can provide a bit more information about how you studied:

1) Other than answering questions in these Forums, what other GMAT materials did you use?
2) How did you score on your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
3) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?

4) Did you ever run out of time during the Verbal section of your CATs?
5) Did you run out of time during any section of the GMAT (and how many questions did you have to guess on just to finish)? Did you leave any questions unanswered?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Rich Cohen
Rich.C@empowergmat.com
http://www.empowergmat.com

EMPOWERgmat GMAT Club Page, Study Plans, & Discounts
http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/empowergmat-discount/?fl=menu

Manager
Manager

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT TODAY [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2015, 16:29
Dear EMPOWERgmatRichC, thank you for your interest

1) Other than answering questions in these Forums, what other GMAT materials did you use?

yes, I used Manhattan gmat books,OG12,13, and e-gmat verbal prep.

2) How did you score on your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

3) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?

NO
4) Did you ever run out of time during the Verbal section of your CATs?

always

5) Did you run out of time during any section of the GMAT (and how many questions did you have to guess on just to finish)? Did you leave any questions unanswered

I always in verbal section faced time problem because i spent time on one question where i did not understand the meaning of some vocabulary and verbs.When I translate any passege or argument i found it is easy to answer but because i did not understand the meaning of the words,i faced diffuclty to get correct answer.

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 465 [0], given: 36

Re: GMAT TODAY [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2015, 20:28
Expert's post
Hi 23a2012,

I'm hoping that you can provide a little more information about your studies:

1) How many practice CATs did you take during your studies?

2) When you scored 520, what were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for that CAT?

3) On the Official GMAT, how many questions did you have to guess on in the Quant section? In the Verbal section?

From what you described, it does not seem like you did enough realistic practice to properly prepare for the GMAT. That is a problem that is easy enough to fix though.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Rich Cohen
Rich.C@empowergmat.com
http://www.empowergmat.com

EMPOWERgmat GMAT Club Page, Study Plans, & Discounts
http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/empowergmat-discount/?fl=menu

Manager
Manager

Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT TODAY [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2015, 18:23
Thank you Dear,

1) How many practice CATs did you take during your studies?

1 from manhattan,3 from Verit AS Prep,and 4 from gmat prep

2) When you scored 520, what were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for that CAT?

47Q,17V it was 530 not 520 sorry anout that.

3) On the Official GMAT, how many questions did you have to guess on in the Quant section? In the Verbal section?

In the real test that was in April first, I can not remember but i think i guess 5 question and all of them was in the end because the time go faster

so, i did not read them carfully and my score was 38.In the beginning I was able to manage may time and i answered most of the question in less

than 2 minutes.

From what you described, it does not seem like you did enough realistic practice to properly prepare for the GMAT. That is a problem that is easy enough to fix though.

I disagree with you in that I did not do enough realistic practice to properly prepare for the GMAT I do all CR+RC+GMAT PREP+OG12+OG13+OG2,but I agree with you that i go to the test

wihout strategy for the RC+CR section because as i told you before that i faced dfficulty in words meaning which made the passage and the argument are

dfficult to understand. However, when i translate the words that i did not understand, i can get the answer faster.Dear tell me how my problem is easy enough to fix though.

Thank you and I really looking for help and advice where i study alone for 10 hours and i do not find any person here in my city who is study GMAT to be able to share our ideas about gmat where this

could be helpful for me to see my mistakes.

GMAT TODAY   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2015, 18:23