Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 367

Kudos [?]: 1850 [1] , given: 359

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 10:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi jfk,

Here are answers to your 1st and 3rd questions.

1) Each time you close a window with your records in the OG Tracker (by tapping the "Back" button), the app saves the last results. It also saves the results when you press "Home" or "close" button. In some rare cases when there is a lot of records, not the latest device and a lot of apps in background or system processes, the system cuts time it allows for an app to save results or terminate app execution on a low memory warning after "Home" button was pressed. Again, it's very rare cases but it may happen. If you notice that the app didn't save results, please reload the device. To make sure that data are always saved, tap "Back" and let the app 1-2 seconds to save results before closing it. We are working on a new data management system for GMAT ToolKit that would seed up saving by 10-100 times but it's going to take a few months before we can use it.

3) That's a great idea! Let us think of the best way to implement this.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 08:32
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi,

Start with this video as the Practice tool is the most important tool in the app.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 07:38
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks! Awesome app!

Online Case Interview Prep

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 280

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 04:06
This post received
KUDOS
Just discovered that I am able to customize Flashcards in the GMAT Toolkit, which is really amazing! Now I'm going to be able to have my Foundations of GMAT Verbal flashcards directly on the phone! I was just looking for some good iOS app for this! Thanks!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [1] , given: 27

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 12:28
This post received
KUDOS
Great app! Just what I needed for the daily commuting. Thank you!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 08:28
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
My OG13 book is expecting to be delivered tomorrow and we going to do our best to add OG13 info to the OG tracker tool as soon as possible.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 09:47
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I just got a OG13 book...starting to work on it :)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
All answer keys, pages and keywords from the OG13 were added to GMAT ToolKit (to the OG Tracker tool).

When I added all data I realized that the app doesn't take into account that most of the questions in the OG13 (actually 83%) are the same as in the OG12. Ideally it would be great to keep only one historical record for "old" questions. In other words, if you answer a question in the OG12 and there is the same question in the OG13, you would see the same history record in the OG13. It takes time to add this functionality to the app but we have found a simple way around it. In the OG13 a new keyword "New" was added to every new question, so you can search by "New" and get only new questions. I guess people who have finished the OG12 guide and want to go only through the new questions will like that.

We are going to take additional 1-2 days to test the app, update the Flashcards and Game tools to the latest versions and tweak the app to make it use retina graphics for the new iPad.

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 03:33
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
All Manhattan GMAT books are available for in-app purchase for $9.99 each. the Sentence Correction book has a specially developed interactive format that makes it easy to use on the go. Other books are in ebook format. We will contact Manhattan GMAT about the Integrated Reasoning book and I keep you updated.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 03:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
1.6.13 update is available for download. What's new:

+ OG13 support (answer keys and keywords for each questions) in the OG Tracker tool
+ retina graphics for the new iPad
+ updated the flashcards and game tools to the latest version.
+ minor improvements

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 21:38
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks walker for the OG13 update. That is what I called FAST service. :P By the way, I got an ipod touch 4G as a gift so now I will be using the Toolkit on both 2G and 4G. 8-)

Also, can you incorporate something on the Toolkit so it can record mock test scores along with the breakdowns AND plot them on to a graph similar to the GMAT score estimator on this forum?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V21
GPA: 2.95

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 10:58
This post received
KUDOS
I just want to say that this is the best $25 I've spent. Amazing app with great functionality.

I also support the idea of adding a section that allows us to plug-in our mock test scores and breakdowns!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 15:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hi walker, i want to report a bug with the last version of the app. Now, When i go to the practice session, I am unable to filter the questions by tag.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 16

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
Walker: Sorry, I accidentally deleted the post. It was about when new Manhattan GMAT books will be available for in-app purchase in GMAT ToolKit and whether it will be possible to ugrade 4th edition to 5th one for free. Sorry about that

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi walker,

having completed nearly 60% of all OG12 SC questions (while studying with MGMAT SC) I procrastinated entering all the data in my error log, just wrote down my answers, whether true/false, and the reason for mistakes. Now I found out what beauty you've created - the wonderful OG Tracker within my GMAT Toolkit and wanted to ask:

1. How to enter all answers to the questions which I've already solved without the timer running?
2. Is there a way to use the OG Tracker when doing OG questions, but not in the same sequence as they are in the OG book? (I'm currently doing them in the sequence proposed by MGMAT and so the timer automatically goes on to the next question, which I don't want to do right now)

I'll be grateful if you can elaborate on this two questions shortly!

Have a nice day! Again thanks for the great app and service you provide!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 08:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks for your words!

1. Yes, you can add data from your e-log to the OG Tracker. Here is what you should do:

- save all data in the following format for each record: Books-OG12-DT-PS-1-00:03-B-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
1) Books-OG12 - code for OG12.
2) DT - id of section (DT - diagnostic test, PS, DS, RC, CR, SC)
3) PS - question type
4) 1 - question number
5) 00:03 - time in mm:ss format
6) B - answer {A,B,C,D,E}
7) sure - sure/guess
8) 11:43:02|04092012 - time|date

Example:
Books-OG13-DT-PS-1-00:03-B-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
Books-OG13-DT-PS-2-00:02-E-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
Books-OG13-DT-PS-3-00:02-A-sure-11:43:02|04092012;

Copy all formatted data into email and send it to your account you can access from your device. Open the email, copy all data and go to GMAT ToolKit > OG Trakcer > export > (from) clipboard.

2. You can use filter to see only questions with a certain tag(s) but you can't set, let's say, "show me 1st, 4th, 15th...". At the same time it would be easy for us to add it in the next update. That's actually a great idea!

Thanks for the questions and one good idea :)
Best,
Walker

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 13:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks!

- I remember the issue with OG12 percents links. Sorry about that. We will fix it in a few days.
- 311 questions in GMAT ToolKit are the hardest questions from GMAT Club Tests.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 00:43
This post received
KUDOS
Walker, thank's very much buddy! I've incorporated all my results/questions.

If anyone needs information on that: The codes for the following books are:
- Original Guide Verbal - OG Verbal
- Original Guide Quant - OG Quant
- Original Guide Verbal 2 - OG Verbal 2
- Original Guide Quant 2 - OG Quant 2

Regards,

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 04:17
This post received
KUDOS
So much less bulky than flash cards! This application is great because it allows me to study on the go. I would definitely recommend it to anyone studying for the GMAT.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 11:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We are going to submit 1.6.14 update in 1-2 days. What's new:

+ fixed the tags problem (tags in the filter disappear after updating to 1.6.13).
+ filter questions by numbers in the OG Tracker tool (For example, 1, 2, 5, 12, 34). It's very useful if you use Manhattan GMAT books or other books that are referring to a specific sets of problems in the OG guides).
+ fixed "Percents" section in the MGMAT OG Companion book (Part VI).

Thanks for feedback!!!

Best,
Walker

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2012, 11:49