Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I have just bought gmat toolkit application .In my work set it is just showing 431 questions.Please let me know how can i get new questions and there is no feed from any news including question of the day.
1. New questions: tap Start button(s) in the Set for SC or CR and the app will add (cache) questions posted at GMAT Club's forum 2. News: tap reload button at top-right corner of the News tool and all feeds will be updated.
Let me know if you still have problems with the app.
Thanks a lot for all your help. The last question ,you have mentioned that it will upload sc and cr questions but do you have any functionality for ps and ds questions. I am really interested in solving tough maths questions,which are posted by otherforum members.
+ Problem Solving autoscan + More SC and CR questions available through autoscan (2500+) + timer for GMAT Club's forum + "smart" idle mode for the Set + "guess" option and sorting in the Timer + "Previous" & "Next" buttons in the Idioms + A "shake" gesture make it easy to repeat last action in the Idioms. + "Percents" for the Math tool + fixed numeration for the OG Quant 1 book + fixed the problem with remembering last question.
In case you don't see 1.3.3 update in "udates" section of AppStore, find "GMAT ToolKit" and tap "buy" using the same id (!) you use early and then system will promt you that you already have the app and allow you to download it for free.
Unfortunately, I don't see Blackberry in next 3 months at least. Honestly, I prefer to push the app for iPhone ahead rather than slow down and create another for Blackberry. Maybe it is a bit early for us to go to another platforms....
great job, walker. thanks. I am sorry I did not reply to your questions. It would be nice to have the sort and guess option for the "books" section as well, but for now, current updates will do. It would be easy to re-solve the problems (incorrect/guessed/time consuming) right there from the app, rather than e-mailing and sorting in Excel.
And it probably is out of the scope of this application, but may be, just may be, these problematic problems can be given a "second-chance" to isolate any pattern that the user may have, meaning we would be able to compare the results from the first-try and from the second-try. I am imagining a screen like this:
Q Try 1 Try 2 1 A B 2 A A
Also, may be someone (I will try) can create a web-service that will hook-up (from the app itself) these results and provide analytics, at least for OGs, on those results using tracking tools.
I have noticed one problem in the books section: while the timer is on, if I, by mistake, tap on the numbers on the right-hand side, the app will take me to that tapped number, but will not allow me (using up-down swipes) to go back to the question that I was solving. So I have to stop the timer, get out of the section, and re-start the timer at my original question.
Let me rephrase your ideas and add some comments. If I get something wrong, please, correct me.
1) "guess" + sort option in the Books I think I can easily add "guess" option and need to think about sorting.
2) comparison of different tries. Actually, the app remembers all your tries and I use color to indicate right/wrong history. For example, when you see green "right" and red line beneath that means you got it right last time and wrong time before last. I've decided not to show answers in order to avoid "visual" memory effect. Please, could you explain in detail how you see it should work
3) analytic tool for OG. I had to add this before. Definitely, I'm going to add analytical tool in next update.
4) fast navigation (right numbers) is not blocked in timing mode. I'll fix it.
Thanks again! It seems I will better spend time on fixing these issues and adding new analytical tool than on app re-factoring.