Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:23
Got it. What does the percentage indicate when it's trying to collect the posts?

Believe it or not I bought the iPod touch partly because of this app. Doesn't disappoint so far.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2298

Kudos [?]: 9061 [0], given: 3680

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:49
Expert's post
oddys4 wrote:
Got it. What does the percentage indicate when it's trying to collect the posts?

Believe it or not I bought the iPod touch partly because of this app. Doesn't disappoint so far.

:) That's music to Walker's ears.
The ratio during post collection is successful imports vs. total posts inspected.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 365

Kudos [?]: 1809 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:51
Expert's post
Hi, Oddys4!

I hope you won't be disappointed! If you have any question, just pm me.

When you see something like 34/111 that means 34 questions have added from the forum out of 111 posts. Not all posts have OA and not all posts have ABCDE structure.

Didn't see bb's post :)

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 19:00
This post received
KUDOS
I have the GMAT toolkit and want to give fellow club members a look into how it works. When you open the app it shows several icons giving you a choice of 10 options. One can use the timer to time themselves through original guide tests. Then they will be creating their error log and time per question at the same time. There is an idiom generator in which you can shale through many random idioms to help you bring your verbal score up. There is a list of seven math principles that are explained in a clear and concise manner. One icon says Sets and when opened has apparently 347 problems which are derived from the Hard Quant set at this club as well as questions from Manhattan Review. It is also possible to add your own questions through GMAT club forums. In addition there is and RSS feed and access to the forums here. This is an excellent app. I would recommend GMAT clubbers who own an iphone or ipod touch get it. The timer function and ability to sort questions is very useful.

If you found my comments here helpful, please give kudos.
Thanks,
Skip
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 19:09
Expert's post
Hi Skipjames,

Thanks for your short review and words, they keep us motivated to move ahead!
Let me ask you one question: if you could add only one thing to GMAT ToolKit, what would you add? What would be the most helpful?

Thanks,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 19:20
This post received
KUDOS
Walker,
Thanks again. I think the app is great. I would probably add a help icon with directions to walk the owner through the app. It is just a little intimidating seeing all that is there at first.

Thanks,
Skip
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 19:26
Expert's post
Thanks!

Yeah, you are right. If somebody decides to take GMAT and buy the app, it's not clear at what point you need to start, what is important....
I think we will add help section in next updates and probably diagnostic test too.

Best,
Walker

Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 09:46
thanks a lot - great application
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 09:55
Expert's post
Thanks Serhio,

Let me know if we miss something important for you.
We are changing a lot inside of the app now, changing internal infrastructure. It's not easy, but when we've done, we will add many useful features.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 22:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi - I bought this app a week ago. Very useful. I like it. One suggestion/question I have: When I do a verbal/Math/Customize exam, I don't see an option to choose whether my answer is correct or wrong. So to grade my exam, I have to write it on a paper or email the answers and grade it seperate on a paper or computer. If the option to grade the results in the app is available, I think it will be very useful. Since the results are saved, knowing how one performed in each exam, will help us get better and improve performance. Makes sense?

Thanks!
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 22:19
Expert's post
Got it!

You mean the Timer. Right? I will add grade functionality in next update. It's a good idea.

Thanks for suggestion. If you have any other idea/thought, just let me know.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 05:28
Yes, timer. When will be the new version come out? I hope soon. Don't delay please. I am addicted to the tool/timer except for the grading piece of it. Grading is pain in the back... More than the exam, I feel like I am doing more mistakes in grading test :)

Surely, will let you know if there are any other improvements that can be made.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 05:36
Expert's post
:)

I'm going to submit it on Monday.
By the way, maybe today I will post a couple of screenshots so you could take a look at them and give me some comments.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 07:57
Awesome! I am excited.

I will wait for the screen shots. Will you email them or post it here?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 08:02
Expert's post
I will post them here and pm you

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 06:47
Expert's post
Ok. Here is a screenshot. So, after you've done, you just tap to grade as "right" and double-tap to grade as "wrong".
In other words, You see gray "grade it" sign and as you tap at the sign, it will change to "right - wrong - grate it -right -wrong-...."

I feel that I need to increase height of each row... What do you think? Is it what you are looking for? :)

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Attachment:
scr_1_3_6.png
scr_1_3_6.png [ 25.45 KiB | Viewed 11438 times ]

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 07:55
Expert's post
Oh, yeah. I need to add % of success.

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 18:41
Perfect. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am sure you will include the sort functionality as well. I like the % success rate as well. Thanks a lot, for the support. Much appreciated. I will wait for the new version.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 18:52
Expert's post
Great!

I've added sort option. I hope Apple will be fast in approving the update.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 09:02
cool u guys r doing awesome job
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 24 May 2010, 09:02