Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 367

Kudos [?]: 1847 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2009, 10:21
Expert's post
vaivish1723 wrote:
i could download 795kb application for my ipod but not able to use it. Can somebody explain the steps to use the application?

Hi Vaivish!

Can you describe the problem in detail, please. When you launch it what does happen? The application crashes? Tools don't launch? Or maybe you have problem with downloading?

Please, PM me more information about the issue and I'll do my best to help you.

Regards,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2009, 18:12
I have OS 2.0 on the iPhone. Will these apps still work?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2009, 18:25
Expert's post
gmattony2009 wrote:
I have OS 2.0 on the iPhone. Will these apps still work?

No, sorry. It works only for OS 3.0 or latter.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2009, 01:30
Impressive application!
Feature request: In the "Timer" tool would it be possible to indicate what question one should be on at any given time during the test?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2009, 06:30
Expert's post
envygmat wrote:
Impressive application!
Feature request: In the "Timer" tool would it be possible to indicate what question one should be on at any given time during the test?

Thanks for your words and suggestion! I'm going to add this feature in next update. I PM a few questions.

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 08:21
Expert's post
11/13/09 - a new update was submitted with additional two books for BOOKS tool:
- the GMAT OG Quantitative Review 2nd Edition
- the GMAT OG Verbal Review 2nd Edition

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2009, 08:40
wow! this looks awesome. Happily, I do not have any Apple products. Would anyone care to create a windows mobile app?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2009, 03:12
Expert's post
therockobama wrote:
wow! this looks awesome. Happily, I do not have any Apple products. Would anyone care to create a windows mobile app?

It would be great but now it is not real unfortunately...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 17:06
Wow I didnt know they had an iphone application
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 05:51
So wait, I don't understand this exactly: this application already includes the material from all the Official Guides?

I have both the Quant and the Verbal, but not the integrated one. I have them in hard copy.

It could be really useful to have the integrated edition (and quant - I have to get used to doing this without writing things down) on the iPod.

Comments?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 06:37
Expert's post
osbornecox wrote:
So wait, I don't understand this exactly: this application already includes the material from all the Official Guides?

I have both the Quant and the Verbal, but not the integrated one. I have them in hard copy.

It could be really useful to have the integrated edition (and quant - I have to get used to doing this without writing things down) on the iPod.

Comments?

The Application doesn't provide official questions and explanations. They are intellectual property of GMAC. What the application does, it make it possible to keep time/error log for OG books. Majority of former test-takers says that practice with a timer, keeping error log and regular reviewing mistakes are the most effective way in sense of score improvements/time.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 06:45
Thank you - that is a useful distinction.

It seems to me that the OGs should be used in the latter stages of test prep - once the concepts are clear in one's head, and practice becomes key.

As someone who got a great score and is at a fantastic university, any thoughts?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 06:58
Expert's post
osbornecox wrote:
Thank you - that is a useful distinction.

It seems to me that the OGs should be used in the latter stages of test prep - once the concepts are clear in one's head, and practice becomes key.

As someone who got a great score and is at a fantastic university, any thoughts?

Let me disagree with you :)

If I began my GMAT journey again, I would go following steps:

- read about GMAT format
- take GMAT Prep1 from official GMAC site
- define my weaknesses.
- go trough OG with timer and focusing on weaknesses.
- get something additional only from weak area. (In my case it would be SC and RC). Participate actively in the forum.
- take GMAT Prep2
- regularly come back to OG reviewing all questions that I got wrong or spent too much time.
- take GMAT Prep1-2 2-4 times.
- 2 weeks before Exam: only OG and GMAT Prep.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 07:05
Your disagreement is welcome!

Can I download the GMATPrep ad infinitum? Or will the two tests essentially be the same with each download?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 09:48
Expert's post
(!) 12/17/09 MATH and RESOURCES - new tools will be available in a few weeks (an update submitted for review).

See screenshots above

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 21:37
Walker,

Respect mate! upping the bar higher and higher...! Amazing!

Do you have plan to come up with a similar application for Blackberry?

DC
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 22:00
Expert's post
DestinyChild wrote:
Walker,

Respect mate! upping the bar higher and higher...! Amazing!

Do you have plan to come up with a similar application for Blackberry?

DC

Thanks, have still a lot of things and ideas to do. Not soon, but definitely Blackberry is next step. I think we need to pass "symbolic" threshold in functionality and popularity of the app. Now it is just wise allocation of time and affords. So far, I think it is better to have a good app for one platform than 2 average apps for two (or more) platforms.

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2009, 17:04
Expert's post
New version of GMAT ToolKit (iPhone / iPod Touch App) with Math and Resources tools is now available.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2009, 23:57
Hi how to do free upgrade for the GMAT Tool kit? I cant seems to get update from the old version i bought?
Cheers
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2009, 04:42
Expert's post
chuckberry007 wrote:
Hi how to do free upgrade for the GMAT Tool kit? I cant seems to get update from the old version i bought?
Cheers

Hi Chuckberry007,

Thanks for feedback,

Could you describe in detail what is wrong, step by step, please? Are you trying to update the app from your iPhone or iTunes? What does the system say? Did you download the update and can't update your phone through iTunes, or AppStore doesn't allow you to download? What device and OS do you have?

Thanks,
Walker

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2009, 04:42